SRB2 Launcher - startSRB2 v1.2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shardvexz

Cosmophile on IRC/Discord
Hello SRB2 community! I've been working on an alternative to the SRB2 Launcher, called startSRB2.

When I started this project, I wasn't aware that sonicfreak94 was also making a launcher. Looks like he beat me to it! But this one has more features, so I am going to release it anyway. And if sf94 wants, he may use the source in his launcher.

startSRB2 has more features than both the official launcher and SF94's launcher. I created it using Microsoft Visual C#.

What's new in this version:

• A bunch of bugfixes.
  • Now you can execute scripts.
  • Added useless Sonic eyecandy. To see it click Help>About.

Requirements:

• Windows
  • .NET Framework 4.0 or higher.

Current Features:

• All of the features that the official launcher has.
  • Ability to warp to maps by using their in-game numbering system (e.g A1 for 101; the first level of Mystic Realm).
  • You can save and load all the launcher settings to a file.
  • You can create batch files (.bat) from your settings.
  • You can record, play, and time demos.
  • You can create and join a dedicated server.
  • You can set the server name and admin password from the host menu.
  • You can make SRB2 output its console to a command prompt window.
  • You can change the order of the file list which subsequently changes the order they're loaded in SRB2.
  • You can add and remove multiple custom files (wads etc) simultaneously.
  • You can run SRB2 and add files from other directories (so if SRB2 is in your documents and there's a file on your desktop you want to use, it won't crash!)
  • You can drag and drop files and folders into the file list

Planned features for startSRB2:

• MainCFG/Controls editor
  • Feature that retrieves a list of net-games from the master server, and you can join one of them by selecting it.
  • Port to linux (maybe)

In the download I included a program called "Event Args Output." This program is for testing the launcher. So ignore it.

I'm open to suggestions!

That's it! =)

Attachments

• scr1.png
    scr1.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,569
  • screenshot2.png
    screenshot2.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,464
  • startSRB2.rar
    197.3 KB · Views: 1,396
  • startSRB2_source.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 781
Last edited:
Wow, embarrassing!

I've fixed the spelling, and uploaded the new source and binaries. I tested hosting dedicated servers, and it seems to work fine.

New feature: Now you can warp to maps by using their in-game numbering system (e.g A1 for 101; the first level of Mystic Realm).

So that puts the version up to 1.2!

Last edited:
The feature for executing scripts wasn't working. I'm releasing startSRB2 1.2.1, which fixes the problem.

If you'd like to see a feature in startSRB2, please tell me!

What I would like to see is in the host section under network, you can choose maps, and have the option to force the gametype, like have match on a coop level.

There is already an option to warp to map, although you cannot force the gametype (yet).

This project is on hold until 2.1 comes out. But when it is out, I'll see if I can add that feature for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back