Old Rules Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to start off by saying that, as banned, you shouldn't be posting here in the first place.

Second, you just liberally broke rule 2. Twice.

Third, if you really did understand, I wouldn't be posting right now. Reading the rules will probably clear this up. Honestly.

luis90 said:
Excuse me but, while these are all good ideas, i believe we should have something to stop "noobies" from entering netgames. Some people don't know what the console is,and many of them dont read the manual, and much of them dont even know the controls.

Sadly, many "newbies" I meet dont even know how and where the talk button is. And then, if they figure all that out, they break the rules on the master server, ask for favors in the forum, make recolors(which i hate) and make useless post's here.

Um. I was a newbie/n00b and i got the controls easylie :wink: .

and the word newbie or n00b is offensive. (To me)

They're not the same, something neither you or luis90 seem to have realized from your posts, although to be fair people across the internet commonly get the two confused.

Newbie = Someone who's new at an experience, but is a logically thinking person that you can hold steady conversations with. With some time and care (and lurve), you can turn a newbie into a well-experienced regular.

n00b = A retardish-acting person who tends to speak in nothing but netspeak, and pretends they know how to do what they're trying to do. When they make it blatantly obvious they don't know and you try to call them out, they try to place the blame elsewhere, including on you if they can get away with it.

There was a very amusing Ctrl+Alt+Del comic that explained it better, but I'm too lazy to hunt it down right now.

I like Arrow's version better. Not only was it more accurate, it didn't have the "never-get-laid" thing.

Re: Rules

DanteEX said:
Mystic said:
Punishment is based on a three strike system.
  • Strike 1: 3 day ban
  • Strike 2: 7 day ban
  • Strike 3: Permanent ban
If you go at least 2 weeks without being punished, a strike will be ignored. (If you were given 2 strikes, and then go 2 weeks without being punished, and then cause another problem, you will be given another strike 2 and banned for a week, instead of being permanently banned.)

Ban evasion will give you an immediate 1 month ban. Evade again and it’s permanent. Bans should be bans. Don’t try to fake us out. We know.

Does that mean you can log on even if you are banned?

What if you make a new IP for Ban evasion?

Re: Rules

Kerpal said:
What if you make a new IP for Ban evasion?

Mystic said:
Ban evasion will give you an immediate 1 month ban. Evade again and it’s permanent. Bans should be bans. Don’t try to fake us out. We know.

We have all the time in the world; we'll keep banning people who evade until they get tired of evading.

Yet, some people are smart enough to NOT tell they're the banned person, and won't act like previous time. Then they'll can just stay again.

I have a little question though:
If a total retarded idiotic would get permbanned, and rejoin the forums using the dynamic IP, and he's been in the forums with that acount for about 2 years. He would even get to be a respected person such as Dark Warrior here. But then he would tell he was the permbanned guy. Would be allowed to stay or not?

I think I recall Shuffle asking that same hypothetical question awhile back.

I imagine, going by the way this forum's admins are, he'd get permabanned.

Wow. long time no see and i see not good things for me:
"2. This forum uses proper English. This means that you should type your posts as if you were going to hand it in to the English teacher. While a little leeway will be given if you are not a native speaker, there are some things that just have no excuse:

Use capitalization rules properly. The first word in a sentence, proper nouns, and “I” are capitalized. Always.
Use punctuation. It’s very hard to read posts with no periods or commas. Put a space after your periods and commas, too.
Use correct spelling. Occasional mistakes are fine (we all make them), but if your post misspells every single word, then that's unacceptable.
Don’t use l33tspeak, internet acronyms (LOL, U, etc.), or text message abbreviations.
Use paragraph breaks. No one wants to read a page of text with no spaces in it at all."

that remember me of my revenge comic ^^...

well can someone "kick" me? :(

Super mystic sonic said:
If a total retarded idiotic would get permbanned, and rejoin the forums using the dynamic IP, and he's been in the forums with that acount for about 2 years. He would even get to be a respected person such as Dark Warrior here. But then he would tell he was the permbanned guy. Would be allowed to stay or not?
This is a case-by-case basis. Depends on what the guy did. We'd use our judgment to determine whether he should be rebanned or not. Really depends on what they did to get banned in the first place and whether they really DID turn around. I've been thinking about replacing permbans on here to something more temporary, like a year, but it hasn't been worth it yet.

Super mystic sonic said:
He would even get to be a respected person such as Dark Warrior here.

When did this happen? o.O Or are you insinuating that I'm some banned member returned from the grave? I can assure you that's not the case. =P

Dark Warrior said:
Super mystic sonic said:
He would even get to be a respected person such as Dark Warrior here.

When did this happen? o.O Or are you insinuating that I'm some banned member returned from the grave. I can assure you that's not the case? =P

el contraire, TheUltimateLifeform...^_~

Indeed. A piece of history I regret to this very day, carrying that name. Actually, I only carried that name on IRC. Even then, it only lasted 2-3 months. I was "Super Sonic 2005" on the forums then. I actually had to bug Mystic over a query to change my name, because PMs weren't getting him to change it. =P

Wow, I didn't think Mystic, or actually any admin would want to or bother to change anyone's nickname. I thought that they would have just... not done it. Shows what I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back