• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Help with a level pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Blur

I'm not sure if this goes under Editing or Suggestions and Help.

Yes, I know it sounds like I'm copying, but nonetheless, I need some help with a level pack. It is early in the works, so I need major help. These are the zones I have that are beatable but not finished:

Coastline Zone 1, 2, and 3
Hydroplant Zone 1 and 2

I can send to anyone for evaluation and additions who E-mails me at Blue_Blur "at" easy.com (this is scambled).

I still suggest you people make individual stages to start with. They're easier to work with and you'll feel a sense of accomplishment much sooner.

After all, Mystic Way is all of my old stages combined with a few extra boss arenas. It looks huge, but that's because it's just everything I've ever done. If you do a lot of smaller stages, it's a sinch to simply merge them later.

Why? If you make them individually, you can release them individually. To pack them up, all you need to do is alter the headers and put them all in one file. I don't see how that's hard at all. O_O

No, it doesn't, it takes just as much time to release them seperately. Also, you'll feel like you've accomplished something if you release seperately, because although it would be cool to release an unseen level pack, the point is to finish it, right? It's very easy to get tired when doing long projects. I'd like to see things actually get released, and generally, making singular levels is a ton easier to do in that regard, as you have less time to get frustrated and/or bored.

A level pack will be much more fun to play than releasing all the levels individually. I'll still get a sense of accomplishment when I finish the first single-player act I make, no need to release it right away.

Well, if you saw the individual levels, you'd know they need work. I'll have to catch someone on #srb2 or something.

And, the level pack (which is unnamed as yet) will be a level pack, rather than separate levels, as it is based upon a fanfic I am writing.

Try not to put a limit on your work (unless you do good with pressure). Perhaps Megasonic101/SRB2 could give you an estimate when he gets on, though...

Frankly, I have no idea how long this will take, as these are what I have in mind.

After Hydroplant, of course, act 3 on that is done.

Sacred Ruins Zone
Spring City Zone
Treetop Zone
Magma Storage Zone
Eggsplosion Dynamo Zone
Skyline Heights Zone
Robotropolis Zone
Egg Chase Zone
Death Egg Zone
...(This one's a surprise)

I'm using some of my multiplayer levels to theme off of. You can make an educated guess on how long this will take, I'll be making all but the Death Egg after Robotropolis Zone, Egg Chase and the secret are mine, plus any that aren't made by someone else.

And, to end this novel post, if you want a specific level, just post here. I have some specific level desingers for Hydroplant and Coastline Zone.

Blue_Blur, that's longer than both the official stages and my stages combined in Mystic Way.

You REALLY should consider shortening that so that you've got more of a chance of finishing it.

3-4 zones should be plenty for a first attempt.

I would like to eventually do all the levels, but Mystic is right. I think Sacred ruins will be done and IF any others are volunteered for I will add them. There's not going to be a final zone, but an actual level.

As I said before, POST BELOW like so:

Chatroom name or e-mail; (so I don't need to check too many profiles)
Level you'd like to do;
What boss you'll be using;

I'll be doing each act three to make it as a level.

Oops, forgot this. :oops:

Anyone who makes a level can only use the textures and flats listed. I won't post any lists until someone volunteers for a level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 12, Members: 0, Guests: 12)

Back