• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Roach's endless sprite parade

Phil, I think MotorRoach might've mentioned the title screen purely because he had his in-progress Sonic in mind. In other terms, the same title text with the new Sonic sprites overlapping. I would like to see a new style for the fonts, though. Regardless of that, your fonts in particular are slightly bright and kinda plain, to be honest.

Though in all honesty, his fonts are already a big improvement over the original ones. It just needs some touch ups and it would probably look pretty decent.

Phil, I think MotorRoach might've mentioned the title screen purely because he had his in-progress Sonic in mind. In other terms, the same title text with the new Sonic sprites overlapping. I would like to see a new style for the fonts, though. Regardless of that, your fonts in particular are slightly bright and kinda plain, to be honest.

Were they supposed to be detailed?

This is just amazing. I do remember MotorRoach posting some revamped Sonic sprites on one thread quite a while ago. I'm also really hyped for IceMan's Tails. Both of you guys have given me a reason to stop using MD2s for a while. (Unless somebody comes up with a way to make MD2s color-changeable, but I doubt that'll happen anytime soon)

Last edited:
So how is Sonic going? I know you might've been busy, but I'm getting desperate for this! Of course, take your time, but we NEED updates.

*Creepy Ellis Voice*i love you

There hadn't been any updates on him, and will probably take a while until I actually update him. Until I actually post something new, don't even bother asking if there had been updates. I have much bigger priorities to take care of right now, and Sonic is not much of a priority right now.

It's definitely not one of those frames that is appreciated by a screenshot. It looks better in animation..

iRVByrEETgpUA.gif

For some reason or another, this running sprite seems REALLY awkward to me. I think it's missing the arms? Or maybe his shoes go way to close to his back. I can't seem to pinpoint it.

I'd take a guess that it's because the shoes seem to either layer weirdly with or clip through the spines as they reach the top of their arc. Unfortunately it's not something that could easily be fixed without dramatically redoing the pose to swing the legs further out at the top, and that would most likely end up looking even weirder.

That said, the body seems a tad stiff in movement, but that could easily be a case where it looks better in motion.

Sorry, I hadn't worked on it either. I do really hope I can get into working on it some time soon.

Sorry, my mistake.

I was to say about the body, but now I can see that is based on the Chaotix design.

Tweet Tweet Frames

2csfbxd.png
It's looking so wierd,his feets are way tall,i feel like they're close to the screen .... Aaand ... where's his tail ?
EDIT : I Know these are running Frames ... but it's not as i expected =D
EDIT 2 : You forgot his Hands ? :3

Last edited:
It's looking so wierd,his feets are way tall,i feel like they're close to the screen .... Aaand ... where's his tail ?
EDIT : I Know these are running Frames ... but it's not as i expected =D
EDIT 2 : You forgot his Hands ? :3

...his hands and tail are present. Lmfao. Note that his feet are supposed to be close to the screen because it's extending outward towards the camera.

The only thing that looks off to me about the running animation is the shoe soles, which in the classic games are red.

jp7aGsy.png
Sources: Sonic 3 (top), Sonic CD (bottom left), Sonic 2 Special Stages (bottom right).

Do keep in mind that this, however, isn't going to be perfectly accurate classic games Sonic. All I'm doing is revamping his design to be more accurate to some of his SRB2 artwork design, which was always supposed to have black soles to begin with. He's not going to be a complete redesign like Knuckles was.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back