My 1st level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh, not another wad like this.

First, there's no thok barrier. I can jump straight through walls.
Second, this is just another enemy filled level, it's not even challenging. It's just a gigantic sector filled with enemies. Take a look at these screenshots.

srb20002-3.png

All the emeralds? Seriously now...
srb20001-4.png

ZOMG! teh emenies are comin!!!

The worst part: I didn't detect any effort at all. I give points for effort, no matter how crappy the level. The fact that this is your first wad, doesn't mean you shouldn't try your best. Usually I try to avoid linking the wiki, but here.
Read this, it should help:http://www.srb2wiki.sepwich.com/wiki/Level_Design

Sik said:
Am I the only one whose first map had a thok barrier and wasn't full of enemies?

You and me, as you will see in the level design contest. That is, if you try out the levels.

Remind me to try to make that level again. Probably won't be like the original, but it was an interesting idea. A multi-gimmick level, it was a big level divided in subsections, each one of those with their own gimmick. You made your own path through them. I wonder if it would have worked...

Sik Wrote: Am I the only one whose first map had a thok barrier and wasn't full of enemies?

This was my first WAD, I made it not that long ago:
http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=12332

I never started Act 2 yet >.<

I'm kind of obsessed with Gunz now...but I wanna work on the next Acts/Levels...If only I could do 2 things at once T-T

As for your level, just think about any first level in any Sonic game (SA1 and previous) you've played and think, "Would it look like the level I just made?"

If not, then you are most likely, but not necessarily, on the wrong track.

Seriously, why for every thing I say people come and challenge me?! Do you know about being figurative?!

Well next time i ask to tell me what you guys think of my levels i will have to be more care full and right now i am working on a level wad and i need some help so some nice help would be nice.

Ice said:
Sik said:
Am I the only one whose first map had a thok barrier and wasn't full of enemies?

You and me, as you will see in the level design contest. That is, if you try out the levels.

And me.My easyboss wad only had 1 enemie...the doom wad only 1 too but my eggman_doomship_3.wad did
Anyways...im not gonna download this...i dont like full-of-enemies maps

Ice said:
Sik said:
Me too. I knew all about thok barriers when I started making levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back