2012 - The Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems similar to Knowing, which I wasn't a huge fan of. Huge buildup and then a horrible ending.

I have low hopes for this movie, that's all that I'm going to say.

Must we have another ridiculous movie about Armageddon? The apocalypse isn't going to happen in this age. End of story.

Last time I talked about this to my foster mom (who's a Christian, mind you), she said that whatever time the world ends, it definitely won't be what we think it'll be. Meaning, everyone says it's 2012, so according to the Bible, it's definitely NOT 2012.

Fully on-topic, I'm not interested in seeing this movie. I had no plans on seeing any other movies about the world-ending, why bother seeing this?

sonic260 said:
Must we have another ridiculous movie about Armageddon? The apocalypse isn't going to happen in this age. End of story.
Actually, we're just rolling dice on that. There are a lot of things that could potentially kill us all, not even including human stupidity. Meteor impact, gamma ray bursts, etc. Fortunately the odds of all of these instant death scenarios are quite low, but we're still rolling dice just to see if we all stay alive or not.

sonic260 said:
Must we have another ridiculous movie about Armageddon?

Uh.. I am so sick of this too. The world is NOT going to end in 2012, It's gonna happen sometime, but certainly not in the years we expect it.

Besides the only the only thing 'Armageddon' is the Armageddon Shield in SRB2, and only capable of destroying everything around it.

On topic: I'm not very interested in such movies because, they're only about nonsense.

Conic, example please? I'm kind of on the edge of my seat about those. I just want to make sure I'm thinking the same thing you are.

PSI Hedgehog Chris said:
Last time I talked about this to my foster mom (who's a Christian, mind you), she said that whatever time the world ends, it definitely won't be what we think it'll be. Meaning, everyone says it's 2012, so according to the Bible, it's definitely NOT 2012.
My theroy on the end sort of goes with this. My theroy is that when ever someone predicts the end, it changes to keep us guessing. This can be taken with or without religion.

Aw c'mon guys, Knowing was awesome! When the movie ended I was all like :D, while most everyone else in the theater was like D:<. It was just so abstract, strange, and Nicholas Cagey, I personally thought it was great.
I also really hate that they're making a movie like this. They're hyping up the whole 2012 disaster and creating even more potential blind stupidity than there already is.

I actually liked Day after tommorow and I never reall got to see Knowing, But no way will I go to see 2012, since its just a movie thats(Like ice said) hyping up the 2012 diaster(Thats not going to happen) Noone knows when the world will end, it ends when it ends. So yeah I don't have high hopes for this movie.

sonic260 said:

And since that's not going to happen, we need movies to see how it would be if it did, I will 100% watch this.

At least chavez says he'll leave Venezuela for that time, so it will be a super special date for me, but not in the bad way, yay.

StarBlazer said:
Ice wins. At least someone who is of the same caliber as me. I just like movies like this. Lol.

Ice doesn't win... He just has the same opinion as you.
Oh, I hate these movies. They scare the crap out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back