Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been working on a little something too...

srb20007.png

Now if only I could stop distracting myself with other things.

I'd replace the bright yellow strip with another texture for edging the carpet, because that just doesn't look right.

Otherwise it's quite pretty from the screenshot.

That looks nice. Which gametype is it for?

Singleplayer, since without being able to participate in any online games (Hughesnet satellite internet = server-crashing lag*), I doubt my abilities to map for the current competitive gametypes. Plus it gives me a little more freedom with the texture/music selection. :D

*Seriously, last time I tried to connect to a game in progress, I was there for a few seconds, people started screaming about lag, and the server died and disappeared from the server list.

I'd replace the bright yellow strip with another texture for edging the carpet, because that just doesn't look right.

Otherwise it's quite pretty from the screenshot.

The yellow strip was the closest thing I could find to the golden edging I wanted, but yeah, you're right. Hmm... maybe I could replace an existing flat...

I'm glad you like the appearance. I just hope I can get the gameplay right, as well...

Well due to the fact that I want to release a new version of Sonic Quest before the year ends, I won't be able to submit Jade Hill Act 2. But on the other hand, I will be submitting at least one of each. 1 CTF, 1 Match, and 1 Race map.

Zone Names: (Just in case someone might steal the names :P)
Match: Winter Hill Zone
Race: Emerald Valley Zone
CTF: Flame Fortress Zone (Working Title)

kthx

Hmmm... the adapter seems to be hanging on... I probably won't be able to enter SP and Circuit, (Neo Sand Paradise and Inferno Lake) but I might be able to finish Skyline (CTF) and Blizzard Hill (Working Title) (Match) Zones. Since I haven't shown any screens of BHZ, here are some now. (Still taken from Single Player.)

33f6cxx.png

30kspd1.png

EDIT: I just ran BHZ through NETSTAT 1, and it constantly pulled off a GAMEMISS of over 10.00%. I'm not sure whether that is caused by the snow, the level geometery, or if my laptop is messing about YET AGAIN.

Last edited:
Ffffffffffffffff-

So, apparently my Hard Drive corrupted, leaving it out of use until further notice.

Hopefully I can get it back in time to finish Twilight Groove Zone for the next OLDC...

;_;

Last edited:
I don't like how you used those textures for the outer walls. It gave me a headache.
Try something that doesn't repeat as much.

SpaceKGreen's level looks very pretty. I really like the texture choices and how nicely they compliment each other.
I think the little gardens might mess up the flow somewhat, but I don't know what the rest of the hallway is to make a good guess.

Question: When will the next contest topic be made? Or specifically, when is the deadline for the next contest?

Also:
srb20031.png

srb20034.png

srb20032.png

It has no name yet, and it will be a Match level.
Main influences are Oceanic Cove, Tidal Palace and Infernal Cavern (believe it or not).
It will also feature a lot of hiding spots, and it's generally a large (but not extremely open) map.

Last edited:
Question: When will the next contest topic be made? Or specifically, when is the deadline for the next contest?

Just before I was banned from the IRC, it was decided that this topic would apply to ALL contests. And the deadline is New Year's Eve, 7pm Eastern US time, like it says on the first post.

@Spherallic: Looks to me like Aquatic Seafloor or Ancient Seafloor Cavern. Tidal Cavern?

EDIT: A better one! Aquatic Relic. (Offtopic: I see you, just tell me if you like it or not :< )

Last edited:
Man, those rock textures are SO 1.09. And ugly. Ever think about using Cave and Cliff?

Half those textures are 2.0 textures. Besides, making a level with all 2.0 textures would also be ugly.

But, I've got to agree the textures really don't go together. Though, levels never look very good until they have rings and scenery.

Yay

So, I got my computer fixed and I ended up getting TGZ done last night.

Have any other maps been sent in yet?

I think it's far too early for you to send your map into this. You have over thirty days to improve it.
You should really get back to work, because the latest time I looked at it, it was a mess, with loads of Rings and Weapons everywhere.

@ Spherallic: It looks like your new level is pretty big for a Match map. What's going to be the weapon spread here? Is there going to be a gimmick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back