• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Water Works Zone (working title)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snaliers will work well in certain areas. Not all enemies have to be ground based, and follow you, you know.

The new enemies are generally useless and nothing special.
Crawlas are even more useless and definitely nothing special. The new enemies at least DO something.

The only enemies that come to my mind would be Snailers for the base-like part of the level (of course, only on land). At the very least, please don't use crawlas underwater. It looks hilariously stupid. No enemies in certain places definitely look better than the wrong ones.

The level itself looks pretty nice though, but I can't say anything else about it until I see more of it.

EDIT: Oops, I totally forgot that this thread had a second page. So yeah, like Chrome suggested before me, Snailers ould be fine.

I think the area in the last screenshot seems a bit bland. idk the grass is just..there. it needs more detail =/
*prepares shield*

The grass is there because you're approaching an underwater area, so to make the transition nicer I made the nature seem like it's taking over, somewhat.
One problem with Snailers is that they can move anywhere along the Z-Axis; they can move right up into mid-air, which is a problem in most cases.

Air Heaven? What? Do you mean Aerial Garden from MR?

And on topic, the level looks nice, Kyasarin. A TPZ and Sunken Plant themed stage seems like a nice idea.

I know I'm just correcting you that I ment an old level also CHAOS IS NOT DEAD because srb2 v 1.09.4A and 2.00.X still has the code in it they just disabled it.

I like how it's looking...

What you have so far looks great. Like SpiritCrusher, I think that the underwater crawlas would be somewhat silly and if you can't figure out what enemies to put in some sections, I say none at all, especially it it's a small room. Clever placement of mines can create a unique challenge, in my opinion, and the same could go for Jet Jaws; sometimes, it's not the enemies themselves that create the challenge, but the placement. Of course, the general consensus will always be that crawlas should generally be omitted from a level that supposed to be mid difficulty.

The visuals and scenery are definitely looking nice and I like your methodology about the transition between the underwater area and the mechanical area (and vise-versa).

Hope I helped.

Updates:

srb20053.png

srb20054.png

srb20055.png

• The beginning area's been changed: Enemies are in different areas and Snailers attack from pillars.
  • The second row of mines in the second image has been removed.
  • Detail's been adjusted in various areas.
Anyways, this level's halfway done. Testers would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back