• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Ray for 2.0 (100% scratch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

H Y P E R

I am currently working on a 100% scratch version of Ray
for the new version of srb2.
testq.gif

Compliments, comments and criticism please.

Last edited:
Lookin good, looks to be in srb2 style to me, dunno if his skin is supposed to be that dark though, and there's a weird blue hue around the shoes and gloves?

Lookin good, looks to be in srb2 style to me, dunno if his skin is supposed to be that dark though, and there's a weird blue hue around the shoes and gloves?
True, but I thought the darker brown looked better,
as it is a good contrast for the pale gold color.
Some wads that I have seen have had some blue
shading on the white parts, and it looked okay,
so I decided to do the same for my wad.
I'll start work on the second sprite in a little while..

The outlines for the entire body seem fine to me; it's the gray outline for the eyes and shoe stripes that looks strange. Try making it lighter.

His skin seems a bit brownish as opposed to a tan in your sprite; I'm not sure if that's accurate or not, as it's been a while since I last saw a reference pic of Ray.

I might be starting a Ray.wad for 2.0 soon.
Here is the front sprite:
sonia1.png

I'll post more sprites here as I make them, but I'm kinda worried
about how long it will take, as it took about 2.5 hours
to draw just this one. Compliments, comments and criticism please.

Wow Is Great! Much better than my crappy one! xP
But is a bit Dark!

Hmm i just have one thing it just makes me flinch ab-it.. ok maybe two.

Pic:

See where i circled the shoes that should be flattened a bit. Also since i know your trying to make him look like the original ray (or maybe not) where i circled i do believe that ray had a circular head no bumps so round it out a bit :3. Thats all.

Uhhh... dude, I think he's modelling off the SegaSonic Arcade Ray, not the comic book one.

Fur colour's fine, but methinks you might wanna try using a brighter skin colour. Both references aren't nearly that dark to my recollection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back