Suggestions

Implement the Continues feature for those playing without saving?

Ummm....don't we already have that...?

pLnwpWd.gif

I saw a similar question like this in the SSNTails.org fourm and the answer to this question was that the team would just probably move on and get on with their lives. I don't think there will be an offical Sonic Robo Blast 3.
That's understandable, I bet a lot of people would move on at a certain point.

A spectator option in race and maybe coop would be good,
Because if there is someone who is afk in a server, so they don't slow down the game, that should help it.

Despite how long i've been playing this game (Demo 4 since play, Halloween Tech Demo since watching), i've always found using a gamepad more natural then a keyboard. Im able to play this game fine with keyboard + mouse control, but still prefer gamepad control. As such, my suggestion is in having a rotate camera sensitivity option, so those of us whom prefer gamepad play can have a more enjoyable experience.
Having the mean's to rotate the camera faster would be much more "approachable" for new-comers and gamepad players alike.
My current set-up is PS3 controller with joystick movement and Analog Camera, while using L1 and R1 to rotate the camera, but the slowness of the rotation make's Arid Canyon a chore to play currently.
I'd also like to see a joystick sensitivity option as well, but camera rotation claims higher precedence at this current time.
I know both of these suggestions would be incredibly low on the list of added features, and expect neither to be implemented anytime soon, but still would like to state them for future reference.
Thank you for your time.

I think there should be a total points function, like records of how many times a player has won overall or vice versa for losing. The records would be saved onto SRB2 itself for other players to see in leaderboards for each gametype

I agreed with everything in that besides the leaderboards bullshit which has been suggested and attempted for years and will never work. You know, considering the master server doesn't have a name registration system, the devs don't want to check everyone's files for how many wins they have, there's such a thing as bad players so rank grinding is easy as Hell, and srb2 updates every millennium which will in general make the thing entirely outdated and killing the point.

Never mind that you have access to your own save data, and it would be trivial to hack your save data by editing gamedata.dat to tell the game that you have a million wins and zero losses.

Also, we've said this before, but you can get continues in 2.1 for getting 50K points in a special stage.

That doesn't fix the issue. No one likes having a level end before they get to the end.

Exactly my point, if everyone else wants to finish, and, I host everyday,
And I'm not complaining, but having to use "exitlevel" all the time, and have that "One" person complain they did not finish. Plus, it takes up space, a spec option would just be better.

Now, I'm not arguing against allowing spectators in modes that don't allow them currently, but I really don't think that allowing spectators will solve the problems that you guys are having. All spectator would do is allow you to have someone easily go AFK without disrupting or leaving the server.

The core issue here is that Cooperative mode isn't really designed with any gameplay style in mind, yet everyone plays it with random people they don't know on the master server, all of which have differing opinions about how the mode should be played. Some people want to rush to the end, some people want to spend time exploring and breaking every block in the DSZ2 block room, and some people just want to chat (I don't really know why they're using SRB2 to do this, but they are). These differing play styles aren't going to magically come together to cooperate because the game doesn't force them, and there isn't an easy fix for that.

Imagine New Super Mario Brothers Wii/U's multiplayer. Notice how in those games, while you're moving, you're FORCED to move as a group because of the camera limitations. You can't just go off on your own and explore some corner of the map because the other three players will scroll you off the edge of the screen and kill you. Also notice how most of the fun of this mode is watching as people's differing play styles of Mario games gets themselves and their friends killed in amusing ways. The camera structure essentially forces you to play as a group, and then by being as a group you constantly interact with each other, making the mode interesting and different from single player.

SRB2's coop, having a separate screen for each player, doesn't do this. There's absolutely nothing encouraging you to stand by your friends, and most players just run off in separate directions. Because the game is 3D, it wouldn't be practical to limit the distance you can separate from each other in that way, and putting in the other similar suggestions like a giant multiplayer combi-ring would be far more effort than we're willing to spend on the gametype. This means that the gameplay is whatever you as a group make of it, and if one person wants to thok through shit and the other wants to explore, there's going to be an obvious conflict of interest as the player who dashed through the stage waits for the other players.

I've said multiple times in the past that Cooperative mode in SRB2 is a bad mode for online play, and this is the reason why. Offline on a LAN, or with a group of real life friends on voice chat, cooperative can be a lot of fun. You coordinate with your group and help each other through the stage, like the name of the mode implies, not because the game tells you to but because you're friends and you WANT to. The best fun I've had with Coop SRB2 was using Tails to help a lesser skilled Sonic player through the main game. There's no way to put that friendship and cooperation into a random group of strangers on the master server, and no feature you request is going to fix this issue.

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure I understand. For a lot of people, coop is generally "fun" for them,
Lan or internet. However, that is not really what I meant. Everyone has their own opinion, and for some people, no matter how hard you try to convince them, they stick to that. Some people hate coop, some love it. But in a case were someone IS afk, and lets say the host needed to do something for a min or two. People are somtimes impatient, and one minute seems like one hour to them.

In that case, they are finished, everyone else is finished, no host. Spam starts, disorder. However, if the players who stepped out are spectating, the zone will end right away. Also, flying sonic around As tails could still be a option, as if the person forgets to spectate, or its a hangout level. It really all depends. Either way, to give players that option not only makes gameplay easier, but more people are happy.

犬夜叉;733768 said:
cemer4.png

continue2.png

Of course, you'd know this already from hanging out in #srb2fun, as is the norm.
Well then, guess that makes what I just suggested earlier pointless.

But wouldn't it be better to use a slightly higher definition version of the Vanilla characters' PLAYe0 sprites?

To add a bit more variety to the Rope Hanging/Chain Swinging gimmicks, how about an object like the Chain one where you would slide down from any part that is above where the last chain link would be as opposed to having the player just go straight through the whole object altogether? The animation that could be used is the same one as the Rope Hang animation for when you slide down the object and just hang from it.

One version of this gimmick would be the same as explained above where a variation of it would be where you would slide to the ground.

If the player is skilled they would then be able to take advantage of the gimmick whether the quickest way through the level would be controlling how low your jump is to quickly make it to the next part or if your jump is high enough to allow you to either stay on the quickest route or get to a higher route. For players that may not be so skilled they would not be penalized for not being able to grab on the very bottom of the object as the player would just slide down the whole object and then hang from the bottom.

Maybe have SRB2 autosave unlockable maps? This would defeat the purpose of some challenges like the Second Quest in The Mystic Realm but it would be helpful if you were playing something similar to the Lock On Feature that is on The Mystic Realm.

For example:
Instead of completing SRB2's maps and The Mystic Realm's maps in one sitting, you can come back and resume your progression through SRB2 & The Mystic Realm if you needed a break.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 8, Members: 0, Guests: 8)

Back