• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Srb2 Horror Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

Srb2 Horror edition, made for Halloween YEARS ago. I remade it for this year's Halloween. There will be a version after this with more effects,bug fixes,etc but I wanted to release this today at the least.
srb2horror1wd1.jpg

srb2horror2gp1.jpg

srb2horror3xf2.jpg

srb2horror4nb8.jpg

The Download link will be here shortly, when it finishes uploading. NOT 56k friendly. feedback would be nice, this is generally a giant soc with minor level edits from Blaze's SA levels and the default srb2 levels. It also takes most of SA's visuals and sounds because I like the better quality. I take no credit for levels nor the visuals taken from the SA mod,but I do for editing them.

DOWNLOAD LINK (Not a direct link,sorry)
(Link updated,No not a new version.)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qnzjjdmzzye

Well, I played a lot of this pre-release, acting as a beta-tester, but after giving it another review over:

*GOOD* - I love the atmosphere. The red skies, the lava, the landscape. Even the scenery. It all gives a very hell-ish look, and certainly projects a sense of, how you say, doom.

*GOOD* - The music fit the levels. I believe it's from Doom and/or Heretic, but I liked it. It really fits the levels.

*BAD(sorta)* - The majority of the enemy sprites are from Heretic/Hexen. But, then again, they do sorta fit the feel of the mod, so it isn't that big a deal.

*GOOD* - The sabreclaws made me cry. Like a little girl. So did the minotaurs. MOVING ON.

*BAD* - I saw some glitches here and there...but then again, you said you'd fix those, so once again, no big deal.

*GOOD* - Overall, from seeing the Eggmanway series, I'm glad to see that you've improved YET also retained your "style" and themes that are common for your mods, which really make them unique and cause them to stand out.

I look forward to seeing future mods/updates from you, good sir.

Kineso Naranja said:
*BAD(sorta)* - The majority of the enemy sprites are from Heretic/Hexen. But, then again, they do sorta fit the feel of the mod, so it isn't that big a deal.

Last time someone took sprites from DOOM/Hexen/Heretic/that sort of stuff, we ended up with a strippers meme and the creator got two strikes due to adult content filled releases and a place in the Zero Effort Hall of "This wad sucks, a lot."

Please don't let this happen to you.

Kitsune said:
...lol Hetor?
Yes Hetor XD.I always feel like calling him Hector for some reason
I can't wait to try this. My mom is on the computer now though, and I'll play flyff

Cue said:
fawfulfan said:
Could you post an alternate link that isn't a RAR?

Could you download WinRAR?

I could, but it would be inconvenient to have to download a program just to open a compressed file. Call me lazy, but why the heck does anyone use RAR in the first place?

Because, in the case for me, it compresses more. I'd use 7z but not many people use it so I don't.

WinRAR can open almost everything including 7-zip. Plus, I think the program is like not even a single MB to download and even if the "trial" expires, you can still use it.

Okie, even though I already told you else where, I'll rate it now.

It's nice I guess, but it could be a bit more original. All it really is, is SASRB2 with a few monitor replacements, a missing token here and there, heretic, hexen and 1 doom enemy ported as best you could to SRB2, and lava replacing water. Compared to the EWM series, I prefer them to this, it's not very halloweeny than doomish, I mean yeah it's a "horror" edition thingy but I think it is just a bit lacking creativity and effort. I mean I know you are a pretty good spritist.

There's my truthful rating like it or not. It's at least a good try or something.

Oh also you MIGHT wanna fix Korax. He kinda breaks/disappears if you die to his "hello there player" attack when you have 0 rings. >>;

You also need to take into account he edited the levels, and the enemies are more custom then simply "porting" them to SRB2. He made them from scratch. Infact, the final level isn't from SASRB2. So I wouldn't say he lacked any effort. Creativity, eh, even if they are pre-made sprites, I think it was a very interesting mod. And yes, I prefer the Eggmanway Series, but those are also stand-alones. This is just a horror edition of SRB2. So you can't expect it to be TOO different. All in all, I think this was just meant to be a little mod for a single day of the year. So I'd say it met it's goal.

And as for Korax, I'm pretty sure he can't fix that. It was atleast an interesting concept. I guess you could say it was a creative attempt to break from the norm of bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back