>_> <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tapika the fox said:
What's TML, and where can you get it?
Anyways this wad rocks!

The Missing Links, Shuffle's SRB2 mod project.

It's uhm...sort of...in hiatus? >_> I honestly don't know, it's been jumpy as of late.

Shuffle, you might want to update your mod to work with 1.09.3.17 because it says CBLEFT not found on the startup of the Aplication

Then you suck at following directions that tell you how to get it to work.

Shuffle: I think this is pretty cool, btw, can't wait for TML's next release :).

I can't view the actuall model both because I'm on my dad's computer and because OGL mode can't decide if it wants to work on my main computer. But the screenshots tell me that that is ugly!
That UV map does not work with that head shape. The ears are way to big, and the shirt dosen't even have a waist, let alone a belt.

Not actually. Only in OGL mode do sprites look like crap. In Software mode they look rather nice. Besides, as I've said before, it's rather stupid to try and put models in SRB2 for the reasons:
1. No one here has decend 3D modeling skills.
2. I rather like the sprites, they give SRB2 a unique feel.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Shuffle, you might want to update your mod to work with 1.09.3.17 because it says CBLEFT not found on the startup of the Aplication
I see no reason to update an old version that I don't even have to source to anymore.
Not actually. Only in OGL mode do sprites look like crap. In Software mode they look rather nice. Besides, as I've said before, it's rather stupid to try and put models in SRB2 for the reasons
Actually, sprites look MUCH nicer in OpenGL, you just aren't using the right filter. >_>
Also, I mainly made this model to replace non-existant sprites. You'd be suprised how much faster it is to make a character out of a model than it is to get 200 drawn sprites.
I just thought I'd release an SRB2 version for the hell of it, I personally don't see models being used in SRB2 because:
A) You can only have one character loaded at a time
B) It screws things up with multiple models loaded (Unless that's been fixed?)
C) Sprites do, indeed, look much better.

Actually no, every filter I tried in OGL made sprites look like crap compared to how they look in software.
Nearest made them angular.
Trillenear and Billenear (Or however it's spelled) Blured them and added a nasty outline.
OGL mode in general gave them a Game 'n Watch esq feel of being 2D, that I never got in Software.

opengl9in.jpg

software8gg.jpg

I prefer the non-pixelation, personally.
But if pixelation is really your thing, Bilinear_Nearest or something like that makes it look exactly like Software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back