Master Server issues... strange ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm the only one experiencing this, but I've got confirmation that at least one other person has the same problem.

If you use LISTSERV in game, or check the master server stats page, you'll find a whole list of servers for 1.09.4. Yet, if you use the Join (Search) option in the main menu, maybe one or three of these will actually show up, and trying to join any of the others by direct IP just results in SRB2 contacting the server, getting a response... and then sitting there acting like it's connecting but not actually doing anything..

Does anyone know a way around this? I'd love to be able to join Cue's dedicated Match server again.

Use ms.srb2.org:28900 as your master server address if you want to use my MS, srb2.servegame.org:28900 points to SigSevCafe's.

It's not that simple, Cue. I experience similar problems, no matter which one I've typed in. It's a little confusing, really.

Server heartbeat has been broken for quite awhile. Seeing a game on ms.srb2.org doesn't mean that it is still there. The games stay on the list until they are purged, which could be quite a bit after the server actually went down.

Heartbeat problems won't occur much any more, since we only have a few servers up at a time.

I still can't join servers but they appear on the Listserv. I've tried the ms.srb2.org:28900 and saw servers. When I used both, it didn't work.

Well, as far as ms.srb2.org goes, ghost servers do occur, and the two servers on that master server currently are ghost servers, if I'm not mistaken. This basically means that no one is hosting on that ms.srb2.org at the moment.

As for srb2.servegame.org (AKA ms.sigsevcafe.com, since they're now the same thing), it appears to be under construction at the moment, so I expect that netgames won't show up on it until it's done.

LISTSERV lists private servers as well as those on Master Servers, so if you can't find a certain server then you'll need to try joining by the IP address. (haven't figured out how to successfully join one that way, but go for it)

Gemini Spark said:
LISTSERV lists private servers as well as those on Master Servers, so if you can't find a certain server then you'll need to try joining by the IP address.

Wait, Listserv shows all the server on the master server and not private server hence why it is call private. The only way to get on a private server is by someone telling you the IP address of that server.

Are you seeing ghost servers?

I'm guessing that both "join game, search" and the MS Launcher ping servers to test if they're actually there.

Listserv just grabs a list from the Master Server, doesn't check the servers.

Am I correct?

I wouldn't know if listserv pings servers, but it does grab the MS list. You're always able to see other game EXE's when you use that.

The other two, yeah. They ping servers. It's too bad the MS doesn't do that automatically for our sake. But the fact that we even have an MS is still good enough for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back