Let's discuss North Korea's Nuclear weapons testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

What do you think the implications are?

Does it matter? We've known about the weapons they have for years. Does this test mean anything?

How will this test affect the other countries in that area? Will it encourage, or even push them to develop nuclear material?

And, how do you feel about the UN in this issue? Will they be able to do anything? Given their history of indecisiveness, can they pull their act together and effectively solve this?

I'll post my thoughts on this whole thing later. I'm a bit more interested in hearing other people's opinion on this.

We're all gonna die. The end.

To be honest, I don't know the full story, but I'm just glad I'm not in Alaska or Hawaii.

I'm pretty shocked of what i've seen so far. that missile i saw on the news was bloomin large. they also showed some blast radius thing showing how powerful some of the weapons can be

I think It's pretty damn pathetic of them.

Let's see, N. Korea has a Dumbass Leader who gave the okay to test it out. First off, why do they need those weapons? And for what purpose is he authorizing? There aren't any answers, because that stupid BASTARD won't give us any. Let's face it, someone should drop off a Psychological Bomb that read about and said Screw you to N. Korea a long time ago. But you have the innocents. Kim Jong II is using them as a shield so no one will retaliate.

K

Next best thing! SANCTIONS!

K, What's a Sanction? It's a sort of...uhh...Snubbing of a thing. It's the best way I can put it, but it pretty much means "Screw you, you get none" It's under Debate at the UK, but I say there is no debate. Sometimes, you gotta ignore the Shield and break on through. Let no one get in the way, ya? Shoot, set his house or something on fire for all we care!

This is the greatest news on Earth.

Seriously, how lucky are we? We're the generation that gets the 1 out of 100 billion chance to see the Earth end!

I can understand why we don't go in and bomb every single square nanometer of North Korea back into the stone age. I have a feeling sanctions will not make him any happier. Personally, my Geography teacher in the eighth grade, Wesley Foltz, was right about MAD. What is MAD, you say? Mutually Assured Destruction is MAD, and MAD is mad.

I'm more thinking that the UN won't matter. Seriously, when was the last time they did something useful? Also, I highly expect other countries to follow suit. If North Korea can do it, then the others won't shy away from it either. And then we'll find ourselves in the middle of nuclear war. Great fun there. Unless the decent democracies of the world (France is one that comes to mind as useless...) come together and demand a stop with nothing short of a threat of invasion, Nuclear war is bound to happen.

Dark Warrior said:
I'm more thinking that the UN won't matter. Seriously, when was the last time they did something useful? Also, I highly expect other countries to follow suit. If North Korea can do it, then the others won't shy away from it either. And then we'll find ourselves in the middle of nuclear war. Great fun there. Unless the decent democracies of the world (France is one that comes to mind as useless...) come together and demand a stop with nothing short of a threat of invasion, Nuclear war is bound to happen.

And of course, we can always expect Mr. George W. Bush to be sitting there smiling and firing nukes at every other country.

We should discuss why we have atomic bombs in the first place.
I can't see an use for them except killing thousands of people and to menace other governements.
It's a bit ironic that the US government wants to make its citizens afraid of an ipotetic North Korean atomic bomb to further push US propoganda, seeing that the first to ever test or launch an atomic bomb were the US themselves.
The US and its allies pushed the same propoganda on Iran. It's true that Iran may use its nuclear program to make atomic bombs, but it isn't sure. (and please, don't say Iran can't have nuclear energy because it has signed the Nuclear Anti-Proliferation Treaty. You can have nuclear energy even if you singed the treaty, but you can use it only for pacific purposes.)
The US Govt. only wants to make sure Israel is the only in that area that has atomic bombs.
Either you are afraid of all atomic bombs, or you aren't afraid of any atomic bomb.
If you are only afraid of North Korean atomic bombs, then you have drunk the Kool-Aid, that the White House wants you to drink to maintain their control on the world.

My opinion is that all the atomic bombs should be destroyed.

Atomic bombs have one positive attribute: MAD (mutual assured destruction) is not something anyone sane wants to get into. Nuclear war would pretty much end life in the affected countries, and severely affect life everywhere else. Simply having nuclear weapons deters war because no one wants to use them because it pretty much assures that anyone who presses the button is going to die.

Now, then, the reason North Korea having nuclear bombs is scary is one reason: That lunatic in charge of North Korea might be insane enough to actually use them. Honestly, however, this is nothing new. We've pretty much known that North Korea had them, they've said they've had them. All this does is say "Okay, there's proof we have them".

Iran is even more scary, as their leader has openly said they want to "wipe Israel off the map". Honestly, what better weapon to use to wipe a country off the map than nuclear weapons? Again, Islamic extremists might just be insane enough to actually use them.

It's not "other countries having nuclear weapons is bad" as much as "other countries that might USE nuclear weapons is bad". I don't give a rat's ass if, say, Switzerland obtained nuclear weapons, but countries like North Korea and Iran having them is slightly scary, and for good reason. Don't disagree with Bush the one time he's actually been correct in the past year just to disagree with Bush. This actually IS kinda scary.

This brings proof to the saying "Mankind created civilization, and mankind will destroy civilization."

JJames19119 said:
This brings proof to the saying "Mankind created civilization, and mankind will destroy civilization."

'Finishing what we started' =3

How useful are those sayings?

This is pretty scary, but IF North Korea does actually decide to use the nuclear weapons on a country what would stop the other country (unless its very small and gets blown of the map) to fight back. If they do use the weapons on a country, the country could call in their allies (Britan:USA) and this may become a large war! But that is fairly unlikly, think about this America has a stupid leader(in my opinion) and he hasn't blown up any countries yet.

I'm surprised that they can even afford them. I thought N Korea was a poor country...

Still, i don't like nukes anyway. (Except as super secret weapons in games like C&C because no one really get's hurt.)

DuelMasterP said:
I'm surprised that they can even afford them. I thought N Korea was a poor country...

Still, i don't like nukes anyway. (Except as super secret weapons in games like C&C because no one really get's hurt.)
Well, Russia is a fairly poor country, but they're still a super power. (I think)

seeing that the first to ever test or launch an atomic bomb were the US themselves.

You're overlooking the circumstances. We used the bombs to end a war. True, they DID kill a lot of people, but in the end, more people would likely have been killed if we didn't. There's a difference between people who want to use them, and people who would use them because they feel it's a necessary move.

Why do you think the UN met on this issue? Because North Korea is a threat. The implications of them having nuclear bombs, and being just daring enough to rub it in our faces, are enormous. What about the worst case scenario: They USE it? What if they used thier nuclear material as barter for malevolent countries? What if they went so far as to provide terrorists with material? If they're willing to show it off, who knows what else they'll do?

This is the exact reason we don't care that other countries have nuclear materials. They aren't so insane that they would use them. They know what the implications are if they did use them. Korea's dictator does not care. Korea's dictator has proven he's violent and willing to attack other nations.

And should he use these, there's no guarantee the rest of the world will fight against him. Sure, SOME will, but there are countries who share Korea's ideas. Will they fight against Korea, when they'd only be fighting against what they want? Probably not. And that's probably the scariest part. If Korea attacks, other countries will, too.

I heard it will only take an exchange of about 20 nukes to cause a nuclear
winter. Yep, we're screwed.

If there is a nuclear war, and about 2% of the Earth's population survives, I will then put my flag on it and call it mine. Mwa Ha ha ahahahah!! :twisted: :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back