• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic 1 Rock Remixes: send them to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSC

I'm might be doing a sonic 1 wad conversion later, so send me music for all of the stages please. They need to be in a rock remix.

SSC said:
UPDATE: I gots me StarLight and Marble.

Marble Zone? Did you check out djp's version on OCR? It's my personal favorite arrangement of the theme. sonik special by analoq is also pretty good, but not my favorite song by him.

BTW: I forgot that JAXX's GHZ isn't on OCR or VGMix.
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetdreamcast/sonic/music/s1/jaxx_-_green_beginnings.mp3

If you need anymore help, I know of arrangements of every Sonic 1 tune except the Act 3 Boss theme. (It's not all rock, but rock arrangements are overrated anyway, in my opinion.)

I've already tried submitting stuff to OCR. They reject it all (well, I get no response...)

SSNTails said:
I've already tried submitting stuff to OCR. They reject it all (well, I get no response...)

Well, I did notice that a few (I didn't check them all) of the file tags say you took some else's midi file for making the remix, which is a big no-no as far as the vg remixing community is concerned. You could use a midi for reference, but taking a midi and adding better sounds to it is heavily frowned upon.

http://www.vgmix.com doesn't have a judges panel of any sort, so you'd get posted as soon as you submit something, provided your arrangement is completely your own work.

SSNTails said:
You'd be surprised how many things on OCR started from a midi.

Very true. I'm not saying that midi is bad at all. I know for a fact that analoq starts all his work out before on midi. I'm saying that as long as you didn't take the midi from someone else without asking.

That happens a lot, too ;)

I actually have permission from Jarel Jones for all of his stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back