Sonic 4: Episode 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.sonicthehedgehog4.com

IT'S UP!

EDIT: Apparently there was a reason Eggman went to Lost Labyrinth Zone besides giving Sonic a terrible day. And Metal Sonic didn't die in Stardust Speedway Zone.

Wait, WHAT? He got blown apart by Robotnik's Cheep-Death Ray©! I hope it explains how he survived.

Last edited:
The sheer whinery in this thread is starting to piss me off. I need to stop coming here.

Besides, you're all going to buy the game anyway whether it sucks or not, so just get over it.

Besides, you're all going to buy the game anyway whether it sucks or not, so just get over it.
This is the part I really just don't get. If you guys really don't like it, STOP BUYING SONIC GAMES. Everyone just whines and whines and buys everything SEGA puts out. Of COURSE SEGA isn't listening to you. You're paying them whether they listen or not!

I really think that the majority of the Sonic community really secretly likes the stuff SEGA puts out, because otherwise I don't see why they'd continue to buy it year after year when they supposedly hate it so much.

Just because some people don't like Sonic 4 doesn't mean that they hate the franchise. I got Episode 1 thinking that it was going to be good. And I was just dissapointed. So of course I'm going to keep a sharper eye on this one, and so far I personally don't think it will be any better than Episode 1. I liked Sonic Colors and Generations, though! So why should I not buy ANYTHING involving the Sonic series? If that post wasn't directed towards those people, then nevermind.

Last edited:
Well, admittedly, I'm guilty of wanting to play through Sonic 06 and Shadow The Hedgehog just to see how bad they really are.

Well, admittedly, I'm guilty of wanting to play through Sonic 06 and Shadow The Hedgehog just to see how bad they really are.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 06 uses LUA scripts for its physics engine and uses strictly dynamic lighting (and I don't think it uses any normal maps either), and Shadow was built off of Heroes and hackily used a weapons system that you're at times FORCED to utilize that alone is pretty bad.

Onto Sonic 4... Well it doesn't look like the most amazing thing I've ever seen, but for an arcade title? That's really good. The fact Sonic 4 is being put towards the Arcade system isn't way to go IMO though, but right there I'm just parroting. Like other people I'm sure, I wouldn't mind this game if it was TRYING to be a "classic" game but instead was just a 2D Sonic title.

In terms of how well its doing though, it looks like the physics are well improved but the level layout is way too automated and Tails' fly time looks too short :/

This is the part I really just don't get. If you guys really don't like it, STOP BUYING SONIC GAMES. Everyone just whines and whines and buys everything SEGA puts out. Of COURSE SEGA isn't listening to you. You're paying them whether they listen or not!

I really think that the majority of the Sonic community really secretly likes the stuff SEGA puts out, because otherwise I don't see why they'd continue to buy it year after year when they supposedly hate it so much.
I'll make it no secret that I actually liked what I played of Sonic 4 (although if the physics aren't fixed I won't buy Episode 2) and Generations (in spite of the loose controls). Titles I didn't like, such as Shadow, 2K6, etc, I didn't buy.

Ever since Sonic Heroes (home console) and Sonic Rush (handheld) botched up the gameplay I've completely lost any interest in newer Sonic games. I actually haven't bought anything since then because of this. So yeah, unlike some folks I've actually stayed true to my word.

Also of note: I very rarely participate in online debates revolving around newer Sonic games.

Also of note: I very rarely participate in online debates revolving around newer Sonic games.

Good. I think we should get back on topic. (Not to back-seat moderate or anything.)

EDIT: More Concept Art.

Apparently that strange device on the blog is a "Ring Cannon"...

Last edited:
Being a Sony and Sonic fanboy, I will be buying this game. I actually think that it is a massive improvment from EP 1's horrible execution. So what if the physics are different? It's not much of a problem to me. Same goes with the level design (as long as its not too automated/linear)

The obvious remedy to this problem is to pass around a petition pledging to buy a copy of Sonic 4: Episode 1 on Episode II's release date. That'll show the bastards just how displeased we are with their new game!

On a more serious note, I really dig the continuity links with Episode I and Sonic CD that are implied to be explored in this game. And I really, really like the visuals of all the areas seen so far. My only complaint in regards to that is that the caverns / underground areas of White Park are remarkably dull in comparison to the above-ground areas of the zone. The first act of Icecap Zone in Sonic 3 had the same type of environment but still managed to be somewhat flashy.

6819648656_601c4a9a70.jpg

attachment.php

There's this Friday's concept art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back