Any way to adjust FN Volume increments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate

a scar in time...
Since many of you seem to be quite good with computers, I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with laptop troubles. I've tried Googling this problem, but nothing came up. I also tried Yahoo answers and no one has been able to help so far...

My laptop uses the FN key +F11/F12 to lower and raise volume. However, each time I raise or lower the volume it skips over a fairly large increment and often leaves the volume too loud or too soft. I was wondering if there is any way to adjust the amount that volume is increased/decreased each time I use the FN volume buttons. I'd rather not have to exit out of full screen programs and have to adjust the volume on the tray each time.

Last edited:
It depends on whatever crapware installed on your laptop is controlling the volume keys. And chances are, they won't let you configure it since it's so poorly engineered.

It depends on whatever crapware installed on your laptop is controlling the volume keys. And chances are, they won't let you configure it since it's so poorly engineered.

Boo. I was afraid of that...Apparently it's the ASUS ATK_Hotkey Utility that controls the function buttons. But as you said, I don't think there's any way to easily edit them. *cries*

I suppose you could always disable or gut the utility from your system and install a different one in its place. After all, the volume keys generate consistent scancodes across keyboards (to my knowledge), so a generic utility is probably what you need.

Or I suppose you could manually do a global key bind, but I'm not sure how you'd do it in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back