Special Moves and Super Form combined. Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taco_King

Is it possible to make a character with super form and a special move(other than thokking)?

If so, can someone tell me what to name the special moves sprites and Super Form sprites?

And if I took out spinning for the character, can I name his special moves the spinning sprite name?

Please help. Thanks.

astar said:
You would need a SOC and Superanims to be 0.
Probably possible, but a SOC that alters player frames and stuff like that can screw up other characters, custom or otherwise. Unless you want to do that, it isn't really possible at the moment. I dunno what 1.1 will offer, though.

Maybe you can make an SOC that makes the Thok state for that character make them float, but with the A_BunnyHop command with very low heights make them go up? I have no idea how this works to be in only water though.

I think he means a different ability for the superform. Like Sonic has thok in normal state and float as well as thok in super state.

JetTheHawk said:
I think he means a different ability for the superform. Like Sonic has thok in normal state and float as well as thok in super state.
Basically, what I meant is to have a Super Form and a different ability other than thokking without the sprites mixing up and screwing up the game. So... yeah. Jet knows what I mean.

Oh, that. Anyway, I think the hover thing is hardcoded to Super Sonic only, and other superforms can't use it and you can't change it with a different ability neither. But like I said, I don't know what will happen in 1.1.

I thing what he is saying that he whats to know if character can have a super form using the ability sprites and have a ability (not thok) using some other sprites like the spin sprites. I just hope that in 1.1 the super form can can't all the sprites not just use the ability sprites or recolor them. For instance when Mario turns super are his sprites gets a cape or something.

Alright, last question:

Does a character with swimming ability use the spring jump frames(like thokking uses the spin frames), or does it use the special ability frames like other special abilities do?

The swimming ability is exactly the same as the flying ability, except it only works in water. Apparantly there is some bug that allows the player with this ability to go out of the water even though he/she is not supposed to.

I know it's the same, but does it use the special ability frames (since it's the same as flying) or the spring jumping frames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back