my wad charater is black!how do i make it colored

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeino

when i use my charater he is black and i added startcolor endcolor and everything!i read thw wiki and it still didint help!some one help plz!

edit:also when my guy is falling it says segment erro btw i know i spelt erro wrong XP

Did you forget prefcolor?

As for the segment error, you probably have ended up with the lowercase a and b frames becoming uppercase (which would make them A and B), which are already used for the standing and first waiting frames. The lowercase a frame is the second frame for the falling frame, so if that frame was accidentally left uppercase instead of lowercase (I mean A instead of a), then it would sigsev everytime you would normally see the falling animation in-game.

Hope this helps.

Make sure that you have the box in XWE checked to make sure you can use lowercase lumpnames. Otherwise, your going to have to do it manually in Hex Editor (what I do, but it's a pain in the butt).

Get the latest beta of XWE if you still can't get lowercase letters. It supports lowercase letters, as long as you do what Goober said.

The only downside to the beta is that occasionally it'll corrupt your wad if you edit a maincfg or s_skin. I'm not sure why it does this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back