[Open Assets] SRB2 - Community Build! - Full color Edition! (PNG)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that is a glitch. You're only supposed to die when switching teams. And it's not just restricted to multiplayer; you also get hurt when switching via DEVMODE in Single Player.
Well then if that's not a glitch... then Srb2X must have a shitload full of glitches.

That's because of the motion blur effect that is activated for example after bouncing off springs. Go to Options -> Video Options -> OpenGL Options and turn on low-end OpenGL mode.

I tried this and nothing was affected by it still. :<

I just tried match with some bots, and noticed that the Explosions now bounce you away. It's fun and useful, but it also makes hit players get blown upwards. Should it be counted as a bug?

Is there a reason for why when you end a game in Single Player it says that you are in a network game? Also, sometimes the bots randomly bolt to one direction and get stuck against a wall. It's also somewhat annoying for Tails to pick the player up all the time. I think you should add a "Fly Me Tails" configuration or control to toggle the behavior of Tails picking you up.

EDIT: Also, I find it annoying that you can't charge your spindash on slopes.
EDIT2: Thok into a hang glider with the fire shield and see what happens.

Last edited:
Is there any way to make the slopes but not in opengl? because my open gl is veeeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyyy ssssllllloooowwww. I just need it to use slopes only but i cant do that in opengl because of the huge lag it creates. its really great just my computer cant play in opengl very well

Last edited:
Is there any way to make the slopes but not in opengl? because my open gl is veeeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyyy ssssllllloooowwww. I just need it to use slopes only but i cant do that in opengl because of the huge lag it creates. its really great just my computer cant play in opengl very well

Sorry, slopes are not compatible with software mode. :/

That's why I will never release maps with slopes; some people may have computers that can't run openGL correctly.

That's why I will never release maps with slopes; some people may have computers that can't run openGL correctly.

Oh well thier goes everything i said back in my fourm too bad the slopes looled really nice to but i guess its not possiable

Did you even try using Community Build's OpenGL? It's much faster than normal SRB2's opengl, and it worked like clockwork on my old computer, which didn't even BEGIN to run the normal SRB2's one.

Itbugs me how you sound so adamant about this, like you're making a statement or something. It looks as ridiculous as it would look like if a videogame producer were to say "I only make PS1 games, because some people still don't have a PS3, and only have a PS1."

At this point in time, the majority of people have computers capable of running OpenGL. If they didn't before, there's a good chance they'll be able to now with Kalaron's better OpenGL. I guess if you really feel you need to make it playable by every single person with a sucky computer, you can, but I think you're cutting off your arm to make your thumb stop hurting.

At this point in time, the majority of people have computers capable of running OpenGL. If they didn't before, there's a good chance they'll be able to now with Kalaron's better OpenGL. I guess if you really feel you need to make it playable by every single person with a sucky computer, you can, but I think you're cutting off your arm to make your thumb stop hurting.

Thanks for the info, but I'm still gonna stick to vanilla SRB2.
I don't want to make maps that even just some people can't play, just to use slopes and other things.

Honestly, I don't think slopes are all that important. They're easier to make stairs, but being OpenGL only is a huge middle-finger to the some people that can't run OpenGL correctly.

This just might make me un-retire if they add these features to the next version of SRB2 (whenever that happens). I haven`t got the chance to try it out yet but i`ve kinda missed SRB2 a little bit after not playing for.......quite a bit of time (I got sick of the noobs/newbs being assholes). I`m definitely intrigued by this mod though it looks amazing and I haven`t even used it yet!

You think you can make the Master Server net game connections like SRB2 OpenGL? Because OpenGL mode even connects to the MS with the list of servers like in regular SRB2. And abilities to join. If not, at least make the connections to the Master Server better. Because I've discovered looking at the server list in SRB2CB is NOT possible. Try to make it like the other SRB2 Mod Exes, so the program doesn't have to start going unresponsive for a while.

DUDE! You even made it possible for a character to never go into it's running frames like Tails pre-2.0! LOVE this mod!

It's really too bad that the slopes are not available in software mode. Hopefully someone will manage to convert it in software mode (dream), because the slopes are something that will help enormously in the level design ...

We still have some questions about it, there is a forum, it seems !
Does the SRB2 Jr. Team will implement SRB2CB in their next versions ? The problem is that OpenGL does not always work.
I must know if SRB2CB is :
- A modification that will remain forever in SRB2 everything for everyone ;
- Or just a change that will be a "change for fun" ... in the sense "a program that people can use from time to time for fun" ...
I think it's a little too "flashy". Due to OpenGL.
No, I do not think it will be as good as that.
I just answer myself.

DUDE! You even made it possible for a character to never go into it's running frames like Tails pre-2.0! LOVE this mod!
...That's been available for quite some time. You just change the runspeed of the character.

It's never worked correctly though, for me, whenever I tried the character would always go into their run state when they hit their top speed. But the same wad never will in SRB2CB.

Is there any way to make the slopes but not in opengl? because my open gl is veeeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyyy ssssllllloooowwww.
Try window mode in the SRB2 CB is runs faster if they're less pixels to render. Aka 640x (whatever pairs with that)

You know my (now dead) 98 computer can't run Thompson's Contest levels without lag (and that's in Software mode on 320x[WPWT]) So you can never know, who can run what.

Honestly, I don't think slopes are all that important. They're easier to make stairs, but being OpenGL only is a huge middle-finger to the some people that can't run OpenGL correctly.
It's not like He did slopes on OpenGL only because he's a troll or something. Plus this OpenGL is a bit better than SRB2's own I hear.

It's not like He did slopes on OpenGL only because he's a troll or something.

I know that. Slopes in software mode could need major re-coding for almost everything, so I don't blame him.

Some maps I make (In SRB2X, my level pack) will be software AND OpenGL friendly, meaning I will make one version for vanilla SRB2 and one for CB with slopes and what-not, so everyone can play the map and the ones with slow computers can use software mode.

Although, most maps will be software only.

The ones that REALLY look ugly without slopes will have a copy for SRB2CB, and a copy for SRB2.

?

Is this suppose to happen?
2011-06-14_00001.jpg

2011-06-14_00002.jpg

2011-06-14_00003.jpg

2011-06-14_00004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back