mrtf_Chaoticlevels.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... that's odd...
Anyway chill... I was in a bad mood... I had a mild stomache ache.. or whatever. Just didn't feel good. But now I do. I did read those two articles before hand, which I forgot to mention(pretty important stuff, forgotten). And I put a seven for no reason.

And if people dislike my attitude... that was my attitude before. Keep in mind that I still have some of the same thoughts. Anyway I was already planning a big match level with some hiding spots too.

One last thing: I'm also working on a 2d level pack. However no many how many times I read those 101 articles nothing helps. All that stuff on there is common knowledge if you ask me. Easy applied. If not applied, sometimes it matters, maybe not. Eh.

Last edited:
At this point I think Metal Fighter should take his map out of this, seeing as his map is the only one that isn't horrible. In fact, I'd say Metal Fighter should do more work on Sandy Ruins and enter it in the next OLDC. Chaotic Chao, you could learn a lot from him.

I have been planning in entering the OLDC. I have 3 maps that are pretty good in my eyes. Unfortunately I can't host to test any of them. Still I will consider it some more.

Now hold on. The maps aren't horrible. A lot of people who joined my netgames (and that's a lot of people) liked them a lot.

My opinion on the wad

Note: I'm not going to go too much into detail on these levels, mainly because they were all small and bad, besides Sandy Ruins Zone, but Metal Fighter made that, so I'll give my opinion on that later.

And also note that this is my opinion, so this is what I think of the wad, you don't have to think the same way. Nor am I trying to make you think the same way about the wad.

Well, here are my thoughts on the wad: The levels were horribly named, they generally weren't all that original at all. The levels were short, and they were flooded with rings, monitors, bad texture alignment, they needed half light-blocks in the pits, etc.

If you look at 'Knuckles Castle Zone', or what ever it's called, you'll see what I mean about the rings and monitors.

For me, none of the levels were good in the slightest. The water needed to be transparent when it wasn't, and there were random pits, in random places.

Well, besides that Sandy Ruins Zone, but again, Metal Fighter made that, so I'm not going to give my opinion on that yet.

Oh yes, now on to 'Simple Track Zone' I think it was called: I know it was supposed to be small and simple, but was there a point to that level? It was a box made in less than two minutes.

If you would've actually put more effort into this, it might have turned out better. But from what I've seen/played, all of the levels were more or less failed attempts at making good, original levels.

Overall, the levels were pretty much horrible to look at, to play in, and weren't designed well. On a scale of 1-10, I give this a 2/10.

Oh, by the way, am I the only one who noticed that Kyasarin has made 666 posts?

Last edited:
Oh, by the way, am I the only one who noticed that Kyasarin has two posts left until he's made 666 posts?
That might explain why one post was deleted LOL.

Anyway I wanna make a deal. A take it or leave it thing.

What I'll do: Improve on my maps in what fields necessary.
What you'll do: Don't insult the maps. That won't solve ANYTHING, admit it.

Deal?
And about Simple Track...
to stop all the madness about this level, it was indeed made just to put more levels in the pack. Turned out more fun in netgames than I thought. But I'm not removing it.

Last edited:
What you'll do: Don't insult the maps. That won't solve ANYTHING, admit it.
How would one go about insulting a map? The thing is, if I find a map terrible, I'm gonna say it's terrible and explain why. I'm not trying to insult by doing that, but to give valuable feedback. You don't need to feel attacked.

Thanks...
You know, that's what's been bugging me.
I keep thinking everyone will hate my maps and never play them.
I just want people to have fun playing my maps.

But it makes me doubtful when people rate them terribly.
Which makes me compelled to tell a story about me and my... anger issues...(I obviously get them from my mom.)

I was testing my level pack a LONG while ago.
This guy named Bluh came along.
He kept saying what was wrong with my maps. I think I started taking it the wrong way and started thinking he was just flaming them. After he stopped, I kicked him...
I felt like I should have listened.
I did a little. If it weren't for him, Hot cave would've never been darker.

Last edited:
You can't make these maps better.If this is your first level pack, just see what the people think about it, and make another level pack based on people's criticisms. So, you'd make better maps.

You can't make these maps better.
Now that is not true. I am sure if you took a few hours in DoomBuilder for each level, you'd see that there are a lot of things that you can change for the better. For example, maybe you could make Simple Track have obstacles and have a gimmick, or add a few more rooms in Knuckles Castle. Anything can be improved on, you just need to take the time to improve it.

Now that is not true. I am sure if you took a few hours in DoomBuilder for each level, you'd see that there are a lot of things that you can change for the better. For example, maybe you could make Simple Track have obstacles and have a gimmick, or add a few more rooms in Knuckles Castle. Anything can be improved on, you just need to take the time to improve it.
Can I have some suggestions for Simple Track?

Yeah, scrap it. Seriously, how are you supposed to make a good level out of a flat square? Just start a new map.

...On second thought, I'll just make a new race map.
-EDIT-
I'm working on an update, so expect a new match level and race level soon.

Last edited:
I just wanted to say one thing (sorry for the double post):
I'm a begginer-intermediate, so my levels may not be the best, but they are playable.
I also need help with CTF, since I suck at symmytry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back