What do you hate about non-gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersonic2p3

Kurri | Kawaii Killer
I got this Idea from gamesradar.
What do you hate about non-gamers.

One day I playing ssbb with my brother and two cousins (thier like 11 and 8, the 8 year old one is actually very mature for his age, and he also owns the game like me). Anyways the 11 year old one is pausing the game every 5 seconds just to say now thats cool,we're all like quit it, but he continues with it, so one 5 minute brawl lasted 20 minutes.

I also hate how they would just mash the buttons thinking they'll win again its the 11 year old one doing this, as he does not play games like us (me, my bro, and the 8 year old cousin).

...Nothing? I mean, not playing video games isn't a very big deal. The only thing the really irks me is people who take sensationalized video game media coverage seriously. Points for killing cops? Give me a ****ing break.

Sometimes my dorm mates catch me playing SRB2 and say "You still play Sonic the Hedgehog?" It makes me feel mildly embarassed.

That's... That's all I got.

Sometimes my dorm mates catch me playing SRB2 and say "You still play Sonic the Hedgehog?" It makes me feel mildly embarassed.

That's... That's all I got.

Eh...that could be said for almost any game, even Halo.

Though I dislike those who think they know what games are good or bad because of graphics. Reason why I tend to say "Elaborate why the game is sooo horrible because it lacks your razzle dazzle graphics?"

When people criticize you for playing certain video games and for criticize you for playing video games at all.

...Nothing? I mean, not playing video games isn't a very big deal. The only thing the really irks me is people who take sensationalized video game media coverage seriously. Points for killing cops? Give me a ****ing break.

He means when non-gamers play games.
Did not have trouble with this, since the non-gamers on my house are my parents, and me liking video games the way I do is entirely my dad's fault =P

He did play coop Sreets of Rage with me, but that was a LONG time ago.

Oh, yeah; my mother's reaction after seeing Wave (Sonic Riders) for the first time:

"What, a gay Sonic? o_o"

Eh...that could be said for almost any game, even Halo.

Though I dislike those who think they know what games are good or bad because of graphics. Reason why I tend to say "Elaborate why the game is sooo horrible because it lacks your razzle dazzle graphics?"

I agree Tengu, when I play games I don't even NOTICE the graphics, I just want some good gameplay and thats enough for me. I mean, Tomb Raider doesn't have great graphics, it still has some great gameplay and secrets to find. Not to forget some great music too.

Last edited:
When people criticize you for playing certain video games and for criticize you for playing video games at all.

Pretty much this.

BigBoi said:
Could have been worse. I think if you still play Pokemon, there's something wrong with that.

I still play Pokemon (Not as much as I used to, but still). I think it's when you start obsessing over it like a lot of kids do then it's a problem.

That they can only press one button at a time.(If not button mashing)
Long Time Post But Now I Have To Agree On That Theres A Friend That Comes To My House And She Always Says What Button Do I Press To Drive In Mario Kart.
What To Attack In Brawl? So Yea She Yaps Like That And When We Play Mario Golf It A Nightmare She Like Forgets The Buttons After The Match She Can't Get Part Full Right!

Last edited:
The fact that they deem you as a geek/nerd/and or loser is what I hate about non-gamers.

And for the fact that they keep saying that you THINK life is a game.

Non-gamers tend to try to make you think they know everything about the game or all games in general.

I actually have no personal vendetta against non-gamers because while they tend to ignore gamers or take them for granted, its the gamers that make it their business to judge the so-called "casual gamers" for "ruining their games".

In the first place, much more blame lies in the media than either the developers or the audience. In the second place, I think its excellent that there are games out there that appeal to someone who does not play conventional games. I can't say I'd want to play Wii Fit, but I definitely see the appeal.

So I have nothing against non-gamers... my grudge is against the media for establishing and encouraging mainstream stereotypes, and against gamers who have nothing better than to post tl;dr rants like the one I have just written here about games and their audience all day.

I don't really have a problem with Non-Gamers, If they don't like Video games, That's their opinion, Not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back