Freeze Factory Zone (f_freezefactory.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComRante

Freeze Factory Zone. Back when I made this, I thought that I had gone a little too overboard in detail and size, at least in regards to this being a multiplayer map. When I entered it into the level design contest, most people shared this opinion of the level being far too large. It was designed with the intention of being a map that works well with large groups of players, no less than a dozen. Games of that size however almost never took place in SRB2.

At the request of sb, I have brought this map to 2.0. This was my second CTF, made after Lush Falls. I wanted to make a map that was larger and more detailed, but in hindsight, it was really only the former.

This port includes the original song from 1.09.4 to keep the atmosphere the same. The layout is completely unchanged, the only major changes are the additions of the new items for 2.0’s multiplayer system. Instead of the homing ring, I decided to use the bounce ring, which serves a similar purpose. If you like maps that try to do new things in regards to visuals, you will enjoy this. From the windows looking out into the deep ocean waters to the glass tubes transporting water, there are some neat things to see here.

Enjoy!

Screenshots:

Download: http://sb.srb2.org/f_freezefactory.wad

(An extreme thanks goes to sb for hosting this wad for me.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just downloaded & played this.

This is a neat little map. Has multiple routes, quite a bit to explore, well balanced in terms of items, rings, and it's fun to play. My only problem is a few pathes feel pretty cramped, so widen them up a bit, also parts of the level especially the inside areas fell pretty empty, try and liven it up a bit with some more scenery, or design, and it'd be great. Nice job so far though.

Rating: 7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back