• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Blaze WAD WIP. (Last Alpha Release!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
_Manic_ said:
I like the colors on the standing sprite, but the way it is makes it look a bit flat.
It is kinda flat and it doesn't look right when it's rotated, how does this new one look instead?
PLAYA4A6-1.png

Btw, I'm still picking out colors in the 1.1 palette, lavender and hot pink aren't in it, so I'm going to have substitute...again. I'll edit this post to include her front standing sprite with the 1.1 palette once I find the right colors.

I'm glad you like it Hyperknux. I'm a big fan of your Chaos Twilight map pack. Btw, any idea on when the next beta is going to be released?

I have delayed it a small bit due to college work, and other various stuff. Hopefully when I go on summer break in about 1 - 2 weeks time is when most of the work should kick back in again, and might release a beta in the summer.

I think the jewel thing on her forehead needs to be a little bit higher, on the Character Select pic.

On her side and front-diagonal frames, her eyes need to be more like the front frames. All eyes on the character's frames need to be a little bit smaller, I think...

I'll Begin said:
On her side and front-diagonal frames, her eyes need to be more like the front frames. All eyes on the character's frames need to be a little bit smaller, I think...
PLAYA1.png
PLAYA2A8.png
PLAYA3A7-1.png
PLAYA4A6.png
PLAYA5-1.png
SPIOM0.png

I've been doing what I can to make her appearance consistent at all angles, here's the progress that I have made so far in the last week. How do these angles look? (I'm still working on the spin frame, but I'd like to know what's wrong with it already.)
I'd shrink her eyes another pixel, but then they'd be too small and it wouldn't look right. Although I do need to move her muzzle on the side angle down some so that her eyes are at the same level at all angles. Fixing...
Hyperknux said:
I have delayed it a small bit due to college work, and other various stuff. Hopefully when I go on summer break in about 1 - 2 weeks time is when most of the work should kick back in again, and might release a beta in the summer.
That's good to know, =) thanks Hyperknux, I'll be waiting until then.
I would be making a lot more progress right now, but I've been tied up with two other projects and getting a frugal install of Puppy Linux to run on my system. (I want to learn how to use Linux, being a geek, but dual booting gives me nightmares right now, since this is my best PC, I don't want to kill it's Vista NTFS Partition! Would you believe just running the Live CD freaked me out at first, rofl.)

Dr.Pepper said:
If you'll notice, Tails' and Knuckles' eyes are joined together in classic/retro Sonic games, while in later Sonic games, their eyes were separated.
Tails_classic.jpg

150px-Sonic3_Knuckles_the_Echidna.gif

Hmm?

Dr.Pepper said:
Not bad. Except for the last one, which is quite bad. It should be a little messier like actual fire, should be shaded kinda like the SRB2 shields, and definitely should be symmetrical.

Also, the shading on the back and back-diagonal frames need improving somehow. I don't know how, but somehow. Also, make sure her tail moves with her when you get around to animating her. Maybe like Tails' tails when he walks, for example.

Her shoes will probably have to be re-drawn, or at least edited a lot more than they are now. Her heels are higher than what you've got here.

I think what I'll Begin was getting at with the shading was the the back and back diagonal need some shine like the front front diagonal and side frame all have.

Boinciel said:
I should be bricked for that one, I have a authentic copy of Sonic 2 with its case and manual hanging on the wall right next to my desk and I still thought wrong! I guess it would have done me a lot of good to glance at the case for a sec, doh!
I'll Begin said:
Not bad. Except for the last one, which is quite bad. It should be a little messier like actual fire, should be shaded kinda like the SRB2 shields, and definitely should be symmetrical.
I have drawn a whole 2D Blaze sprite sheet before, I know it should be way messier on the top most portion of the sprite,(as in Sonic rush, there isn't that much messiness going on in the bottom half of her 3D model) but I have not done that yet because I suck at drawing fire. I might have to stretch a sprite from my old sheet over it and use that as a reference.
I never thought of shading like SRB2's shields, that would look a lot better, I'll get to that while I'm working on the spin frames.
I'll Begin said:
Also, the shading on the back and back-diagonal frames need improving somehow. I don't know how, but somehow. Also, make sure her tail moves with her when you get around to animating her. Maybe like Tails' tails when he walks, for example.
PLAYA1.png
PLAYA2A8.png
PLAYA3A7-1.png
PLAYA4A6.png
PLAYA5-1.png

I edited my last post to reflect the changes that I made to those sprites. Also, I already have plans on making her tail swish around while she moves. In fact, the other day, I tried using Light Dasher's idle pose timer soc so that her tail would move back and forth while she was standing, but it kept breaking all of the other characters, crap! Where am I going wrong?!
I'll Begin said:
Her shoes will probably have to be re-drawn, or at least edited a lot more than they are now. Her heels are higher than what you've got here.
Your right about that one, look back at my last post to see the changes I made to her heels. Its not easy for me to make her shoes the way they are supposed to be shaped, so for now, I'm just going to add the heels and then see if I shape them correctly later on. Right now, other things about the WAD have a much higher priority, like finishing her spin frames and changing one of the shades of green on the sprites so that her jacket doesn't appear one solid color when purple is used.
EDIT: Thanks for the info, SRB2 Guy, no wonder the soc broke other characters. Now I know not to waste my time trying to force the soc into working. That's another thing added to the list of changes I'll need to make to the WAD after 1.1 is released.

You can't do that kind of stuff without breaking everyone else. The OBJECTCFG is a bit broken, and will be fixed in 1.1, if I recall correctily. Then you can just put the SOC in there.

Whoa, I was surprised to see this topic all the way up here. O_o
miles305678 said:
THE link does not work :.(
and it was gonna be so fun having blaze.
Of course the link doesn't work, have you seen this topic's date? Go look in the releases section, I finished a much better Blaze WAD than what you see here.

Yeah, but it wasn't for this old Blaze WAD, IIRC. Your post kinda confuses me.

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and edit my other old WIP topics' first posts with links their releases threads. Don't want another thread bumped just because links to dirt-old beta WADs died.

Eh, it's about time I cleaned out my photobucket account, it's full of useless, bandwidth-eating screen shots.[/offtopic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back