Click if you want cool visuals. (PrettySRB2.EXE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuffle

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
This exe includes several OpenGL fixes from SRB2JTE, so to start with, I don't take credit for this stuff. JTE did it, I just compiled this EXE.
Software & OpenGL Stuff:
"Afterimage" spindash objects. The spindash trail you usually see is replaced with a translucent copy of your character.
OpenGL-only stuff:
OpenGL fix: Large skies aren't squashed (ie: the sky with the planet)
OpenGL fix: Main textures are not screwed up by colormaps. Transparent FOFs work fine over water.
OpenGL enhancement: Thing shadows. Each object gives off a little shadow. This is mostly just for visual effect, but it can also help you see your enemies when you are directly above them.

If you mainly play in OpenGL, I'd suggest using this EXE, as opposed to the official SRB2 exe. It's exactly the same, but has bugfixes and enhancements. And best of all, it's completely compatible with SRB2 Official netgames. You can join SRB2 Official games and you can host SRB2 Official games without any consistency problems.
Again, I don't take any credit for the fixes done here, JTE did this stuff.

Now.. why use srb2win.exe when there's something better? ;P

Edit: Oh yeah, there's also a level select menu for multiplayer hidden somewhere in SRB2's spaghetti menus. I'm not entirely sure how SRB2 Official games will react to it, but it should work fine.

Update! (12/8/06)
Sonic now gives off an afterimage when he thoks.
All types of thrown rings give of afterimages.
Hyper Sonic now gives off afterimages a-la Sonic 3 and Knuckles.
Horrid OpenGL darkness removed.
Level of transparency on afterimages changed to make things less ugly.
Icon changed.
Linky: http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/269prettysrb2.exe -Fixed

This is really nice. I know you did not make it, but it should be put in the real SRB2.

I'm happy you finally decided to and managed to pull this off. Freakin' awesome.

EDIT: ...why does it still have SRB2JTE's supervirus icon? :|

Recompile with srb2win icon plz. :(

Yes I noticed the bad lighting in dark areas on CEZ1 and could not beat it because of it. DarkWarrior, FRAPs has a little checkbox that says display framerate in pic or something of the like.

This can also use SRB2JTE's fog, even if its crap somewhat. But its at least bettter then normal SRB2 fog.

Something is wrong with mine. It always says my srb2.srb is modified and gives a bunch of letters and numbers.

As much as I love the shadows and the like, the trail behind shot rings is a n0, from the looks of it. Also, spindashes show the default colour only, not the current colour.

I like the ring trails, why does everybody not like that? Fine, I'll remove it.
As for the spindash trails, you lie. They do change to the color of the player.

You aren't even supposed to use different colors in Single Player.
Edit: Just tried it. Works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back