SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > General Discussion

View Poll Results: What's your favorite GTA?
GTA 1 2 20.00%
GTA 2 0 0%
GTA 3 1 10.00%
GTA Vice City 1 10.00%
GTA San Andreas 6 60.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2005   #1
EvilCowSlayer

Default Grand Theft Auto Series

Anyone ever play GTA? If so, what's your favorite?

I have many bad habits... one of them is spelling correctly.
EvilCowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #2
Chaos Zero 64

I havent played it, but all my friends say the San Andreas is the best one ever.
Your and You're. Learn the difference.
Chaos Zero 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #3
Shuffle
Developer

I vote San Andreas because that and Vice City are the only ones I've played, and this SA definately wins here.
Old 08-02-2005   #4
Starbuck

I hate GTA, let the times go by and tell the people that Rockstar Games have some very sick minds! For goodness sakes, San Andreas is the first console game to have an Adults Only rating!! The recent GTA games should be recalled and never discussed of again...

Now if Rockstar actually got their minds off that crap, they could develop something as good as Half Life or Halo.

My definition of GTA, "GTA is complete utter crap."

This is my opinion about Rockstar and GTA, and I do mean offense to Rockstar games - *shot*
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #5
Shuffle
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyhunter600
I hate GTA, let the times go by and tell the people that Rockstar Games have some very sick minds! For goodness sakes, San Andreas is the first console game to have an Adults Only rating!!
Uh.. what? Have you ever heard of BMX XXX?
Old 08-02-2005   #6
EvilCowSlayer

Well, BMX XXX was Mature, but only because it didn't show more than boobies. And don't get me started on that Adults Only crap for SA. It was originally Mature, but some modder ILLEGALLY hacked the game code, which made his subsequent mod ILLEGAL. Rockstar never intended to have that accessible. That stupid modder decided to raise hell by releasing that Hot Coffee thing, which made a previously unaccessible portion of SA accessible. So now you have ex scenes that were never meant to happen. Rockstar scrapped them at the last minute. And somehow Rockstar got the blame, not the modder. "Oh, let's say screw the facts because I'm a big lying politician who's never played a video game and only have my own self interests in mind! Hey, while we're at it, let's blame the ESRB too! Huhuhuhuhuhuh!"

Old 08-02-2005   #7
brianv

I only played GTA(GB), GTA2(PC), GTA3(PS2), and temporarily played GTA VC(PC), until I deleted because I f***ed it up.
brianv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #8
EvilCowSlayer

I've pretty much played them all, and they've gotten better each time, although SA can kind of overwhelm you at first. During the early stages of the game, you really don't get much free time. You always have to do something. Had to keep up with going to the gym, keeping my girlfriend happy, taking over territory, and all that stuff.

One of the things that pissed me off with the GTA series is that the missions vary too much in difficulty. One mission could be so hard I throw the controller and cry, while the next one is so easy I could do it in my sleep.

Old 08-02-2005   #9
tails92
Permanently Banned

I hate GTA
And don't ask me why... GTA is completely *weird*...
And AO isn't that good for GTA, they must remove it from the shops
tails92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #10
Omega the Hedgehog

San Andreas, because I like hot coffee.
Omega the Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #11
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

I haven't played GTA mainly because it just doesn't appeal to me, however, the "Hot Coffee" mod is really just accessing a part of the game that wasn't supposed to be publicly available. It's like accessing the glitchy Hidden Palace Zone in Sonic 2 Final with a Game Genie. It's in the code as a leftover of development, but wasn't supposed to be accessable.

The assumption is that some programmers were having a good time messing around, and it accidentally got left in the data on the CDs that shipped. It wasn't hackers making their own content, it was just someone finding something in the game that they weren't supposed to be able to. It's not the modder's fault for finding something that Rockstar left in the game. It would be as if it's the Game Genie's fault for finding Hidden Palace. It's perfectly legal to alter the game code to open up areas that are included in the game. The reality is that Rockstar should have cleaned all of that data out before releasing the product, and they didn't think about the fact that it would be able to be hacked out of the game.

When the modders found out, they thought it was cool and released it. Public outcry ensued, and stupid grandmothers everywhere who bought GTA:SA for their 14 year old grandsons sued for damages. While the public outcry is majorly overblown, the fact of the matter is that Rockstar screwed up badly, and they deserve anything they get, which in reality will be an increased amount of sales of the game because of the publicity. Really, they aren't going to lose any money on this at all. Hold on to your old version, it will probably become a collectable ^_~
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #12
Omega the Hedgehog

I was talking about Starbucks. Yeah, the Starbucks in-game. Note the lack of capitals.

But your explination was fine too =P
Omega the Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #13
Bigboi

**** Jack Thompson and **** Hilary Clinton! Why in the hell should this game be AO because of 2 clothed (The nudity was a homebrew hack) polygons having pretend sex, when we have naked polygons riding bicycles?!?
Old 08-02-2005   #14
akirahedgehog
Toasty!

I really dislike the GTA series. I can understand violence but they way its used in the GTA games is just wrong. Plus you have the drugs and gang stuff which completely dissoloves our advanced civilazation. Humans have gone so far why go back to monkeys.

akirahedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #15
Starbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by akirahedgehog
I really dislike the GTA series. I can understand violence but they way its used in the GTA games is just wrong. Plus you have the drugs and gang stuff which completely dissoloves our advanced civilazation. Humans have gone so far why go back to monkeys.
Precisely what I ment. It's surprising, I thought I was the only one that thought GTA sucks.
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #16
Sik

Both gameplay and things to do sucks for me. I still preffer old-style violence (you know, THOTD, Carmageddon, etc.)...

Source of my avatar: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/427405
Zen forums: http://zenforums.ipbfree.com
Sik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #17
Bigboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sik
Both gameplay and things to do sucks for me. I still preffer old-style violence (you know, THOTD, Carmageddon, Doom, etc.)...
Fixed.
Old 08-02-2005   #18
hotdog003

I don't like GTA. It scares me.
hotdog003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #19
Bigboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog003
I don't like GTA. It scares me.
At least it doesn't make you frown. :roll:
Old 08-02-2005   #20