Sonic Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like the more serious tone they seem to be going with. It reminds me of a bit of everything before colors.

Last edited:
yeah i don't get why people complain about serious plotlines. sonic 3 & knuckles took itself seriously and you don't see anyone bitching about it.... it's all about execution.

OK, so I'll get this straight. I watched and rewatched the trailer, I thought and re-thought it. And I think I have a theory. But first, let's talk teaser.

First, let's say that the robots are very similar to the Death Egg Robot however I do NOT think that they are being controlled by Eggman, Instead, I believe that they are being controlled by a bigger threat, such as the Deadly Six, but it's unlikely.

After that, we see Sonic spinning right onto the ground - oh, I should mention that I don't think that was the Drop Dash, because I have a better thing for that ability. Get this. After Sonic Generations, a new timeline was created, and 2 started to exist in the same universe. One, where Sonic didn't meet with his older self in the past, and went through the 3D era normally while becoming FAST. Another one, where Classic Sonic saw his older self, and started practicing to become as good as he is. He never went through the 3D era (and as such only met Tails, Knuckles, Fang and Amy, which never went thourgh her modern change) and instead mastered 2D platforming and skills, and became extremely VERSATILE. That's the Sonic Mania timeline. It's also where Knuckles teams up with fang to be tricksters, and not becomes a dumb fella with no sense of adventure and conical depression. lol.

The 2D part of the teaser showcasing Modern Sonic has led me to think of some possibilities for his gameplay:

1. Modern Sonic will have 2D sections and will be able to switch between lanes, maybe with his Quick Step, or by the use of springs (similiar to how Kirby uses a warp star to switch lanes in his games).

2. He'll only have 3D sections, but the 2D perspective was a hint at Classic Sonic's appearance.

3. It's a preview of Classic Sonic's gameplay: he was able to master 2D platforming, so he's able to switch lanes at will, using the background as his advantage. I think this is the one that makes the most sense, since it follows my theory the best.

Next, therer's Classic Sonic boosting. Well, following my theory, I'd say he was able to master his Peel-Out technique in a way that he can activate it while walking, hinted at by the sound made, similar to that of the Peel-Out charge in Sonic CD.

Now, let's get deep.

Now, the phrase Join the Resistance has led to many speculation, but I think it means something else. Union. The resistance is the union of all. Good and evil. Past, and future. Exactly what the Sonic Mania trailer said.
Boom Sonic fits in this, obviously. And while people wouldn't like to see him in a game, I'll just break it up: Sonic Team is best team. They wouldn't be so stupid as to put him there for no reason. Boom is coming back, to fit as the one from another universe, who's there to help save the world from the threat which could potentially wipe his world out. Oh, His World. Reminds me of '06. And past and future do too. Shadow and Silver... Iblis. The teaser showed fire, Iblis showed fire. Maybe Iblis is back. Maybe the Time Eater brought him back. Whew, this is getting nice...

Now, it's the union of good and evil, too. Think about it. If there's a bigger threat, even Eggman would chicken out of the base and join the blue hedgehog's team. Maybe he and Tails could team up to create machinery for detecting safe territory, and protecting it. Teaming up reminds me of Heroes. Oh, yeah. Remember the teaser spoiler? Those words I capslocked... FAST and VERSATILE define Modern and Classic Sonic. The word that defines Boom is STRONG, because of his combat experience. Speed, Fly, Power. Yeah, C-Sonic can't fly, but it fits, doesn't it? The one and only, the TRUE TEAM SONIC.

And that's the end of my theorizing. I guess I did a pretty good job. But I still can't figure out how could all of this happen and not being a Generations 2. Well, I guess it'll be a "brand new exprience", as Yuji said. Heh. Oh, and about PS2017 being released on the NX before a Mario game thing... let's just say Sega does what Nintendon't.

Last edited:
join the resistance

<Katwover> it honestly looked like shadow 2 at first to me

Obviously it's not, but this has this edgy-serious tone that made me think of Shadow the Game the moment I saw a dark figure looking at ruins and then lol, jk it's Sonic

A Sonic MMO, so that finally, all of your Original the Characters could be in an official Sonic game!

yeah i don't get why people complain about serious plotlines. sonic 3 & knuckles took itself seriously and you don't see anyone bitching about it.... it's all about execution.
The thing is, Sonic 3&K is basically 2D Sonic with an actual plot, while lategame!SA2, Shadow and 06 are all shit edgy fanfiction written by a 14yo

I understand people wanting to go back to actual storylines (I can relate), but I'd rather not see any edgelord shit ever again

A Sonic MMO, so that finally, all of your Original the Characters could be in an official Sonic game!
worst end

Spoiler: Off Topic
old post, i know but dont do this pls

Wow, Epic debut trailer, lets see what eggman will come up this time.Or something more evil approaches.
Sonic 2017 will come out this year?
Il be waiting then.

SonicForces-Logo-1024x713.jpg

Rename the thread plz

Here's a livestream of the panel showcasing all the other juicy details, like the instrumental of the main theme, the basic plot overview, a quick alpha/beta demo of a modern styled level running on their new engine, and all the other Mania announcements they covered as well.

Last edited:
The game looks promising so far! 3 gameplay styles, new Hedgehog engine, Sonic and "his friends" on the good side. I hope we get to see more characters other than Tails, Knuckles or Amy though...

I gotta say, the gameplay is looking pretty snazzy so far. Though, I do have one minor gripe which is the fact that it looks like they're adding wisps to the game. If that's actually the case, I really don't see any reason for there to be a wisp mechanic shoehorned into this. I just have this gut feeling that it'd be like Lost World, where they would just kinda "be there" instead of contributing much to gameplay with the exception of a few levels.

I just don't undertand why ring energy isnt good enough for boosting, but bringing back wisps sounded like a good idea. Maybe I need to wait until we get more info like any possible opening cutscenes or demos at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back