Chaotic Darkness Demo 3 (scr_chaoticdarknessdemo3.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJames19119

Why did they remove Grey
Yeah noticed the new board, decided I'd give it a try, though this mod is pretty much long dead now. Why? Can't be bothered, I realized trying to get better to designing single player maps was far more trouble than it really was worth. Any graphics in this mod are free for public use now. Just remember that this mod is where it originally came from.

Site: -

Download: http://nuvoletta.net/sss//scr_chaoticdarknessd3.zip

Horribly incomplete but then again, what n00bish mod isn't? None of these types of mods are ever really finished and if they were, they were never really appreciated anyways. It's not all that bad though, it might make you cringe a bit but it's gotta be better than SMS, right?

Anyways, yeah, download, discuss, whatever. From now on, I'm sticking to Match, CTF and Circuit maps. They seem to be a better forte for me.

EDIT: Lawl. Hogwash I spoke I guess. Man you gotta hate guilt trips!

If this will be your last mod you will release, then I'll make the best of Chaotic Darkness.
I truly did enjoy Chaotic Darkness when it lasted.

Maou-Shin Daioka said:
If this will be your last mod you will release, then I'll make the best of Chaotic Darkness.
I truly did enjoy Chaotic Darkness when it lasted.

Same here to be honest, but I been waiting for a new version of this for a long time.

Again, that's depressing. I was actually looking forward to this one. Actually got far enough to be enjoyable.

Mystic said:
Again, that's depressing. I was actually looking forward to this one. Actually got far enough to be enjoyable.

Yeah I know, but basically, I don't see my skills as far as creating and designing single player levels improving. I can't say they'll ever improve unless I get tutored or something, and I'd rather this mod actually have GOOD levels rather than very mediocre.

If I do happen to improve, then I'll pick this back up.

Not half bad. Granted, it isn't perfect, but you were certainly on the right track.

This almost makes me want to get off my ass for the first time in two years and actually make something. People, take heed; if your wads don't look at least marginally similar to these, don't post them.

JJames19119 said:
Mystic said:

Yeah I know, but basically, I don't see my skills as far as creating and designing single player levels improving. I can't say they'll ever improve unless I get tutored or something, and I'd rather this mod actually have GOOD levels rather than very mediocre.

If I do happen to improve, then I'll pick this back up.
Come on you can do it!

Crap I sound like a Sonic cutscene.

There's actually an updated version of this but since it contains contest levels, I'm with holding it until after the contest winners have been decided. Consider it a Demo 4 Alpha.

On the topic of making wads, too bad I am just not interested in making level wads as it is.
I have so many background ideas of portraits, surreal landscapes, and many other types.

In fact, is there a program to produde background portraits, like you see in SRB2, example, Mystic Realm?

Again, JJames, I will miss Chaotic Darkness. Fun times, and wonderful areas to explore as well. At least I can look forward to you making Circuit maps...

You might get lucky. Ever since I decided to hell with this thing, my friends have been giving me constant guilt trips to start working on it again. What I never expected was people on here to do the same. I might get motivated to try again in a couple weeks once things in my life die down a bit. No guarantees since I still need to get better at single player levels so any future entries in this mod don't totally SUCK.

JJames19119 said:
No guarantees since I still need to get better at single player levels so any future entries in this mod don't totally SUCK.
That's the thing, man. While most of the stages in this mod aren't OMG AWESOME, they don't suck either. They're fairly average, and in a community overrun with complete crap, that is a total breath of fresh air. Yeah, there's room for improvement in most places, but there's plenty of room for improvement in Mystic Realm. If you've progressed to the point where you think your level needs a ton of improvement for specific reasons, then you cannot "suck" because you know something is missing. People who really suck release garbage and say "ISN'T THAT AWESOME!!1"

As I said before, this is one of the few ones I was looking forward to, subpar sections and all.

Mystic said:
JJames19119 said:
No guarantees since I still need to get better at single player levels so any future entries in this mod don't totally SUCK.
That's the thing, man. While most of the stages in this mod aren't OMG AWESOME, they don't suck either. They're fairly average, and in a community overrun with complete crap, that is a total breath of fresh air. Yeah, there's room for improvement in most places, but there's plenty of room for improvement in Mystic Realm. If you've progressed to the point where you think your level needs a ton of improvement for specific reasons, then you cannot "suck" because you know something is missing. People who really suck release garbage and say "ISN'T THAT AWESOME!!1"

As I said before, this is one of the few ones I was looking forward to, subpar sections and all.

Thanks Mystic, you reminded me what suckiness actually was and why I went from active member to lurker.

I guess I could keep trying in that case.

If you ask me, this has been always my favorite mod. I love the 2nd act in the first zone, I love the match, CTF, Tag, and race levels. I am impressed on how you get the emeralds,

I would love to see this continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back