SRB 2.1.6? Mac problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iain531

Hi. just downloaded the mac version of SRB2 and upon trying to run it got The following critical error:

" File is corrupt or has been modified: /Volumes/Srb2mac/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/patch.dta (found md5: e868046d2d2da1d8c706c900edfb03f8, wanted: 386ab4ffc8c9fb0fa62f788a16e5c218) "

From what I understand, this means that the patch file included with the download is the patch file for 2.1.6 however the game is looking for a different one, maybe from an earlier patch?

I had a hunt around for this version of the patch file but turned up nothing. Any information on where to get it or how to modify the rest of the files to accept the 2.1.6 version of the patch file would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi. just downloaded the mac version of SRB2 and upon trying to run it got The following critical error:

" File is corrupt or has been modified: /Volumes/Srb2mac/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/patch.dta (found md5: e868046d2d2da1d8c706c900edfb03f8, wanted: 386ab4ffc8c9fb0fa62f788a16e5c218) "

From what I understand, this means that the patch file included with the download is the patch file for 2.1.6 however the game is looking for a different one, maybe from an earlier patch?

I had a hunt around for this version of the patch file but turned up nothing. Any information on where to get it or how to modify the rest of the files to accept the 2.1.6 version of the patch file would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
SHOT, uploaded with the wrong patch.dta

Ok, it was build with the 2.1.4 patch.dta, I hope I got it repacked and uploaded with 2.1.6 patch.dta.

Once again, about the SRB2Mac port, I have no means to test Srb2Mac since my access to only Mac even build it is most of the time via SSH, command line only:

Code:
#./Srb2mac -dedicated
Srb2mac[71046] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
_RegisterApplication(), FAILED TO establish the default connection to the WindowServer, _CGSDefaultConnection() is NULL.

Thanks for that. game runs now but I'm encountering the fullscreen problem a bunch of other people have talked about, is there a way round that?

To detail, upon launching the application, a small window appears with the SRB2 logo and a bunch of text whizzes by. I assume this is the game initialising, Doom style. However while this is happening the screen goes black. It then crashes. The error report is as follows:

Compiled for SDL version: 1.2.14
Linked with SDL version: 1.2.14
Setting up SRB2...
Looking for WADs in: SRB2WADDIR
Z_Init(): Init zone memory allocation daemon.
System memory: 48MB - Free: 48MB
I_StartupTimer()...
W_InitMultipleFiles(): Adding IWAD and main PWADs.
Added file /Users/iainstanley/Desktop/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/srb2.srb (6190 lumps)
Loading main config from /Users/iainstanley/Desktop/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/srb2.srb
Added file /Users/iainstanley/Desktop/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/zones.dta (959 lumps)
Loading main config from /Users/iainstanley/Desktop/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/zones.dta
Added file /Users/iainstanley/Desktop/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/player.dta (517 lumps)
Added file /Users/iainstanley/Desktop/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/rings.dta (444 lumps)
Added file /Users/iainstanley/Desktop/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/patch.dta (179 lumps)
Added file /Users/iainstanley/Desktop/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/music.dta (171 lumps)
I_StartupGraphics()...
Starting up with video driver : Quartz
Found 9 FullScreen Video Modes:
1920x1080 and 1680x1050 and 1600x900 and 1280x1024 and 1344x756 and 1280x720 and 1024x768 and 800x600 and 640x480 and None
Video Interface Capabilities:
Window manager
Accelerated blits HW-2-HW with Alpha
There no video memory for SDL
Current Video Mode
320x200 at 16 bit color
Stored in system memory
Uses synchronous blits if possible
Has nonexclusive palette access
No hardware flipping
Nonresizable window
CPU Info: 486: 1, 586: 1, MMX: 1, 3DNow: 0, MMXExt: 0, SSE2: 1
HU_Init(): Setting up heads up display.
Number of console HUD lines is now 5
couldn't execute file /Users/iainstanley/srb2/config.cfg
Default resolution: 1280 x 800 (16 bits)
M_Init(): Init miscellaneous info.
R_Init(): Init SRB2 refresh daemon.
R_LoadTextures()...
R_InitSprites()...
srb2.srb added 2960 frames in 230 sprites
player.dta added 163 frames in 1 sprites
rings.dta added 431 frames in 18 sprites
patch.dta added 9 frames in 1 sprites
Added skin 'tails'
Added skin 'knuckles'
R_InitColormaps()...
Number of Extra Colormaps: 6
S_Init(): Setting up sound.
ST_Init(): Init status bar.
D_CheckNetGame(): Checking network game status.
Entering main game loop...
I_StartupKeyboard()...
Bus error: 10
logout

at a guess I'd say it's something to do with either the keyboard, the lack of a config file or the defaulting to fullscreen but I'm just guessing

Any help or suggestions about how to run the mac version in windowed mode would be great

Thanks again

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Never mind, just tried running it from terminal (mac equivalent of command prompt) and it runs fine

The execute command I used, for anyone interested was:

open srb2mac.app --args -win

hope this helps anyone stuck with the same issue :)

Ok, it was build with the 2.1.4 patch.dta, I hope I got it repacked and uploaded with 2.1.6 patch.dta.

Once again, about the SRB2Mac port, I have no means to test Srb2Mac since my access to only Mac even build it is most of the time via SSH, command line only:

Code:
#./Srb2mac -dedicated
Srb2mac[71046] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
_RegisterApplication(), FAILED TO establish the default connection to the WindowServer, _CGSDefaultConnection() is NULL.

Thank you Alam for responding as quickly as you have to problems with the Mac version. It's very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back