SonicQuest - Beta 0.6 [mtf_sonicquest_beta06.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the way the wall in the front is somehow higher than the ones on the sides. Try making them all around an even height, or make the difference less noticable.

JHZ2 will be remade. I'll make sure things like that don't happen again.

Scratch that. I'm not remaking it, at least not now anyways. I've been working alot on Frozen Peak Zone 1 and I'm just 4 days deep into developing it. I'd say its like 15% - 20% done. Its a huge level and it already lags like CEZ2 and loads like ERZ1. ._.'

Anyways some screens of my progress:

srb20000.png
srb20001.png
srb20002.png
srb20003.png
srb20004q.png
srb20005.png
srb20006.png
srb20007.png
srb20008.png
srb20009.png

This last image here is where I left off in the level. Try and guess what I'll do next. >:D

Also, please be aware that Sonic Quest Beta 3.0 will not be here for a long while. 2 new zones are being added in. Frozen Peak and Burning Volcano. some new race maps, match, and CTF maps. Emblems support in single player mode. An Archives (if I spelled it right) section in the mod showcasing previous levels that where in previous versions of Sonic Quest (eg. SQ Beta 1 the 1.09.4 one, Alpha 1 the ported version of beta 1, and so on...) A Boss mode is being added in, where the player plays through All the boss levels from the SQ Zones. Unlockables are being added in, Archives will probably be an Unlockable. A custom title screen is also being made by Biospark. And a custom "Jetty-Syn Flammer" enemy will be SOCed in. And a whole bunch of other stuff I'm not mentioning.

So yeah... The SQ Beta 3.0 will be a step into a new fun world. :D

It looks too wide, and flat for the most part.
I recommend replacing those upper textures in the final screenshot with one that matches the ceiling. Same with the lower ones.

(Wide post is very wide)

Can you also replace the BG with BMZ's? SS backgrounds don't really look nice anymore. And in BVZ, maybe you can make a challenge involving lava platforms that get shot up and you have to land on them (or something).

(Wide post is very wide)

Can you also replace the BG with BMZ's? SS backgrounds don't really look nice anymore. And in BVZ, maybe you can make a challenge involving lava platforms that get shot up and you have to land on them (or something).

I'll change the sky then. And what do you mean by the lava challenge for Burning Volcano?

Cool maps man. The Jade Hill Zone Act 1 are my fav level of this pack :D

Thanks. I do my best. :D

And what do you mean by the lava challenge for Burning Volcano?

What I meant is, for example, that the platforms rise up with the lava fountains and you have to hop between them to get up to your destination, it's kinda hard to explain, but when you get me, you know what I'm talking about.

In the screenshots of the new level, I can only see Crawlas and Jetty-syns. Please use different enemies.

What I meant is, for example, that the platforms rise up with the lava fountains and you have to hop between them to get up to your destination, it's kinda hard to explain, but when you get me, you know what I'm talking about.

Ah, I see what you mean. I'll see what I can do...

In the screenshots of the new level, I can only see Crawlas and Jetty-syns. Please use different enemies.

K. :P

Yeah I mostly took pics of just one area. If you actually play it, it doesn't look like there is that many pipes.

New Scenery coming soon in Sonic Quest Beta 3.

scenery1.png
scenery2.png
scenery3.png
scenery4.png

I'm also working on "The New" Hidden Forest Zone 1.

Edit: No, I did not make those flowers. :P

Last edited:
New Scenery coming soon in Sonic Quest Beta 3.

scenery1.png
scenery2.png
scenery3.png
scenery4.png

I'm also working on "The New" Hidden Forest Zone 1.

Well Hack, I can't wait for the new release! It's good that you're remaking HFZ1, because CEZ1 music and the overall unfairness for Sonic are pretty weird. And maybe you can also add a section where you jump between treetops (Remember Mystic Realms VFZ2? I'm talking about such a thing)
And nice flowers!

EDIT: the flowers are not made by Hack? Oh well, they're nice anyways.

Last edited:
Well Hack, I can't wait for the new release! It's good that you're remaking HFZ1, because CEZ1 music and the overall unfairness for Sonic are pretty weird. And maybe you can also add a section where you jump between treetops (Remember Mystic Realms VFZ2? I'm talking about such a thing)
And nice flowers!

Well thanks! I'm making 2 paths for HFZ1, one that goes into 2D mode and I don't know 'bout the other one. :P

Those are ripped from Sonic 2. Those aren't his creations.

Never said I made them. >_>

Edit: Also, I took a look at the flowers. It does not look like it would be hard to make myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back