SRB2 PSP - What's with the Delay (Just Curious)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devezu

Hello. I am just curious on the progress of the porting of SRB2 to the PSP. I read a thread a while back with some progress done, but when i wanted to download the binaries, it was gone into the depths of the SendSpace Servers.

PS - to the porter - is it possible to take advantage of the PSP Slim's extra 32mb of RAM (total 64mb RAM)

Unless I'm mistaken, nobody on the team has a homebrew enabled PSP to test with. I'll be getting one fairly soon, but it won't help much as I've no experience with coding or compiling for that matter.

Sonict and I, are, as far as I know, the only people who have tried SRB2PSP. A lot of people have a PSP here, it's just whether it can run homebrew, something that Sony tend to patch up.

It's slow, very slow.

As for the Slim's RAM, it's impossible to get an old firmware version since they'll all be the latest firmware, which will have better protection against homebrew, they patch up anything they find every single time they upgrade, more or less.

Devezu's Sig wrote said:
Rockin' 3.71M33-2+1.50 add-on. WHOO!

He can already run homebrew, Cueball61. I need to try out the latest build that Alam made and make sure it works and then I will upload it again. If we had a proper PSP coder for this, then I bet SRB2 would be loads faster.

Shedding some light...

Well i guess the following could be done.

1. Downgrade the team's PSP's - the nice people at the NOOBZ.EU forum can downgrade the PSP's for free ( http://forums.noobz.eu/downgrader-support/0/ ) (don't worry, they dont bite). I recommend the Pandora method as it is the easiest and the only way to downgrade from any firmware. That way, the pain of compiling it can be eased

2. Compile it for the 3.xx kernel so that it works on the latest CFW (M33) and include some code to detect the PSP Slim (it has been done before)

I guess (from what i have read before) network play and extra wad loading can be done on as a PSP Slim exclusive (i dont have one by the way if you're thinking that i favor it - just throwing it out...). I would take it on, but my computer skills are limited to doing simple things on a linux terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back