Limit of levels in SRB2 DOOM BUILDER ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet Explorer

IT'S NO USE
Hello, good evening, sorry to ask again for help ...
I noticed for some time this strange red framework. I think it is the level cap. However, I do think an extremely long level , which may not fit into this square. Thus, two questions:

- The red frame is it really the level cap?
- If it is indeed the limit, can I enlarge it to have even more places?

Do not answer "your level held in the framework", please. I'm not kidding when I say "huge level. "
limitsrb2doombuilder.png

A really long level would probably cause a lot of framerate lag anyways, if by that you meant having one huge long open sector. I tried something like that recently, and trust me, it gets really ugly.

Seriously? You need MORE space? Even EggRock doesn't go that large...

Uh ... Yes! I will create a final secret level in Temporal Line (a mod I'm trying to create) which will last over 15 minutes, he he he !

Mabye if you need even more space, I suggest you split the level into two acts or otherwise try to fit you level neatly within the limits.

Tip: I know a way you can make the player go from an act to another "almost" directly (the "score tally" is not displayed between the acts; see Oceanic Cove Zone), but I forgot how to do it.

(someone would mind telling us?)

EDIT:

Great SRB2WIKI! http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Linedef_Type_2

I thought it was a level header parameter (well, it could be).

Last edited:
I'll note you'll still run into problems before actually hitting the maximum size regardless. NAGZ has no REJECT because Zennode literally crashes if it attempts to build one. There is just a practical limit on the size of stages and it's a good idea to split up maps it they get TOO large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back