What is your favorite Sonic game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in all truth, my favorite Sonic game used to be Sonic '06 (that changed, I don't like having the same opinions with people I don't like). So now I guess that my favorite Sonic game would definitely have to be Sonic Generations. That game is a masterpiece, and is a boatload of fun.

What's yours?

Sonic Lost World.. (people is going to throw me trash, but yeah.. and if someone thinks it's a copy of mario galaxy, just search "sonic adventure 2 mad space" and think again)

I just can't quantify that without mentioning both the 2D and 3D games; 2D: CD (phone) and 3&K, 3D: Heroes and Generations (some dislike Gen?? to each their own, huh.)

Yeah, it's hard to not mention both the 3D and 2D games... My personal favorite 3D games would be Sonic Colours and Generations, as they have a great sense of speed, and I feel they nailed the 3D Sonic style with good controls and level design based around them and what Sonic can do. I also had a lot of fun with Sonic and the Secret Rings, despite the controls and occasionally terrible level design. It had an interesting story to it, as well.

Regarding 2D:
My personal favorite title would be Sonic 1, with clever momentum-based platforming, with no SpinDash I might add- you have to earn that coveted speed, and you need it to make some tricky jumps, and I still like the visuals and music over Sonic 2. I also absolutely adore Sonic 3 & Knuckles for the music and visuals, and personally enjoyed most of the level design.

Regarding Sonic CD, I want to say it counts as you need the Genesis to even use the Mega-CD in the first place, but that's just me. If it did count, it'd be counted here as well for the cool time travel based levels and both soundtracks, though I'm sure we can all agree the bosses are a little too easy, aside from Metal Sonic. But hey, they are all really fun to battle, Just not Collision Chaos. The Pinball style design really wasn't enjoyable, but that's why we have the classic Sonic Spinball on Genesis, and that is probably the only Pinball game I personally enjoyed. (Sonic bias much. -_-)

Looking back on it, it might be Sonic Heroes. However, I only really enjoy playing as Team Rose, for some reason.

...Come to think of it, maybe I don't like Sonic.

Sonic R is the most adorable failure that I find it hard not to like.

Sonic Lost World.. (people is going to throw me trash, but yeah.. and if someone thinks it's a copy of mario galaxy, just search "sonic adventure 2 mad space" and think again)

Actually tell me about this, because I was wanting to get it if the price dropped below $30.

The only thing I know for real; there will be blood-shed

my favorite sonic game is freedom planet

Last edited:
May be just my childhood nostalgia, but Sonic Adventure DX I remember really enjoying back in the day. Yes, even despite all the bugs the game is known for. Almost got all the emblems to get in it before eventually moving on to other games, it's been years since I touched the game now though. Also has one of my favourite soundtracks from Sonic games ever, there's pretty much nothing I don't like from its music.

...on the other hand, I never really understood Sonic Adventure 2's popularity, especially over the first game, but that's just me.

Last edited:
All I know is, the majority of Sonic games that I've played are extremely easy and/or boring. Sonic Heroes is very nostalgic for me, and is also not that easy. Sonic Adventure 2 had plenty of content and was fun, but it had a sense of linearity. Sonic Adventure was EXTREMELY easy, Sonic Unleashed was miserable to play through, Sonic '06 is the most boring game on the planet, and the original Genesis games grew stale.

So, I'd definitely have to narrow it down to Sonic Heroes and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for this round. I chose SA2:B, mainly because it's both epic, nostalgic, not repetitive, and it's an overall perfect game.

Though, Sonic Generations was the first game that I had a true blast with since 2005, so maybe it's that one. :P

SRB2. It kind of hurts me to say but it's probably the best game featuring Sonic I've ever played-- I also liked Sonic Rush (and I guess Adventure but the pirate motif, map, and minigames really turned me off) quite a lot for how adrenaline-packed trying to speed through every stage felt like, despite the physics suddenly changing from the Advance titles and its terrible habit for putting bottomless pits where you can't see them.

I've never actually played SRB2 before. I imagine it feels somewhat like the special stages in Sonic CD, which I personally don't like. :P

Sonic Rush? I didn't really like it all that much.

Losing my identity; wondering have I gone insane

I would say Sonic Adventure 2: Battle is my favorite Sonic game, mostly for stupid childhood nostalgia reasons. I grew quite fond of the control scheme and physics, even with the broken collision at high speeds.

I've never actually played SRB2 before. I imagine it feels somewhat like the special stages in Sonic CD, which I personally don't like. :P

>never played SRB2
>signs up for the SRB2 Message Board

Honestly, you are missing out. I would give it a whirl one day.

>never played SRB2
>signs up for the SRB2 Message Board

Honestly, you are missing out. I would give it a whirl one day.

I just downloaded it yesterday. Here's my thoughts.

Sonic moves WAY too fast and he keeps hitting walls. Sonic moves like a tank, which causes a lot of slippery and sticky movement, if that makes sense. I find it to be both satisfying and unsatisfying at the same time.

kind of depends on the controls you're using. WASD and mouse is way more satisfying than using arrow keys for movement

The analog mode for the game is suprisingly nice when, from what I've heard, it works properly with your joystick (I seem to be within that minority). it controls much like the adventure games and heroes, but more often than not it requires rotating the camera manually to not get confused. I can see where you're comming from with Sonic moving too fast and bumping into walls, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back