Killing Sprees

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2 Live I think was that attempted mod of Cue's to try and have an online account system for SRB2 netplay itself, so I recall. Never got anywhere though.

SRB2 Life, on the other hand, doesn't exist as a mod to my knowledge. =V

SRB2 Live I think was that attempted mod of Cue's to try and have an online account system for SRB2 netplay itself, so I recall. Never got anywhere though.

SRB2 Life, on the other hand, doesn't exist as a mod to my knowledge. =V
I like concept of SRB2 Live but it will make SRB2 multiplayer less popular :/

What's this? An update? For something I've made. Blasphemous. (Changelog below).

• Hitting someone into a pit or death before they can recover counts as your kill, but you don't get extra points for it.
  • Redone the cechos into a custom HUD system, they scroll up along the screen in the order they happened. (Hopefully this makes them block less of the screen)
  • Sounds happen in order of the messages reaching the top of the screen.
  • Added sounds and messages for when you are killed, an enemy is killed, an ally is killed, and when you kill an enemy.
Here's a quick example of what the new system looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/NZkUuH8.gifv

Last edited:
So I just downloaded this to check if it worked with 2.1.15 and found it still on version 1, not sure why since I'm sure I updated it but oh well. It is now actually version 2 and does work with 2.1.15. Depending on how the music stuff was updated it may be updated to allow support for custom characters too soon.

Version 3

Just updated to version 3. Contains some way for custom characters to have custom killing spree music, and fixes the HUD placement for the character icons.

• Custom Characters can set their own custom killing spree music, instructions below
  • Fixed the placement of the character icons in the HUD

Here's an example of how a custom character would implement killing spree music. Add a lua file into the wad with the following in it. Replace "skinname" with the name of the skin, and "KSTEMP" with the name of the music file you want it to play.
Code:
local function SetKillingSpreeMusic(mobj)
	if (not mobj.player) // Only do any of this if the mobj is actually a player
		return false
	end

if (mobj.skin == "skinname") // Check for the correct skin
		mobj.player.KillingSprees_music = "KSTEMP" // set the killing spree music for the player
		// player.KillingSprees_music *should* be nil here.
		// If it is not then another character WAD is already setting it for this skin name
		// It is up to you whether you want to replace what it is setting (assuming your WAD is added afterwards)
		// or leave it alone and keep their music name choice
	end
end

addHook("MobjThinker", SetKillingSpreeMusic, MT_PLAYER)

Now this is something I've wanted in SRB2 for a while now, it's feels great to have everyone know that you're on a huge massacre. Although, while you said that we could make themes for custom characters, it's almost pointless as the players joining your server with your own version of this WAD, won't be able to due to it's huge size.

But that's the only problem with this, great work!

Now this is something I've wanted in SRB2 for a while now, it's feels great to have everyone know that you're on a huge massacre. Although, while you said that we could make themes for custom characters, it's almost pointless as the players joining your server with your own version of this WAD, won't be able to due to it's huge size.

But that's the only problem with this, great work!

Thanks. :)
The custom character thing was mainly done for the possible case that anyone wanted to add it in for the character WAD they created rather than for other people to add it in for them. It would also allow for people to quickly setup the script to just play one of the included ones too (F. Sonic could be made to play Sonic's if MotorRoach wanted to). It's completely dependent on the creators though. I could possibly do a small extension WAD to try and add songs and some compatibility for other characters if it is wanted though?

Thanks. :)
The custom character thing was mainly done for the possible case that anyone wanted to add it in for the character WAD they created rather than for other people to add it in for them. It would also allow for people to quickly setup the script to just play one of the included ones too (F. Sonic could be made to play Sonic's if MotorRoach wanted to). It's completely dependent on the creators though. I could possibly do a small extension WAD to try and add songs and some compatibility for other characters if it is wanted though?

Ah I see. And yeah, making a separate WAD file for custom characters would be quite nice! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back