Question about super sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
Is there a way to make the sprites SUPTA0 to SUPTI0 run for a character other than Sonic? I ask because I have a great idea for how a character could look in the process of turning super, and have those frames ready, but can't make them run for the character.

Actually, I found a way to sort of do what I wanted. The character has to replace Sonic's sprites, then use Sonic's skin. The downside is that the character can only have Sonic's abilities and stats, including his prefcolor, which can be annoying.

huh? That's odd, the Going Super frames that you see in character WADs, (Z) isn't there. Sorry.

...what do you mean? Wouldn't it just be a matter of activating the sprites SUPTA0 through SUPTI0?

Here's an idea. What if you wrote down in a word document what you would do if it was in the list of states, copy it to a messageboard post, and I would put that in the MAINCFG of the character in question?

I hate word. I use notepad :D.

I would take the PLAYZ frame and change it's sprite to the first sprite of SUPTA. Then I would change the duration accordingly and make the next frame SUPTB. Then on the last SUPT frame, I would lead it to super stand.

That's what I would do.[/quote]

I know exactly how to SOC this, only it can't be done yet.

What you have to do is make every sprite name of the states the player sprites, and make each frame go up from 34 (as in, the first sprite would be frame 35, the next 36, etc.). Then re-name the super sonic sprites to "PLAYc0, PLAYd0, etc." Then you have to put this SOC in your character's OBJECTCFG/MAINCFG, and then put in the extra sprites. The problem is that they won't spawn for your character unless you're a skin with HMS123311 on SRB2JTE. :/

EDIT: Do not re-name the sprites in SRB2.SRB/WAD, instead save them and load them after an "SS_START" lmp in your WAD, and then put the super sprites in. This way, sonic transforms without the game Sigseving.

I'm confused. I think what I did already is okay...
NOTE: I actually created a WAD a while ago that has exactly the same effect of HMS123311! I did it the cheap way, by naming the skin HMS123311 but changing everything else about it. I never released it on the forums, because it was a total ripoff, called megaenigmaticluigario123311 (MEL123311.wad), but it had everything--Mario had all the effects in JTE, the weird multicolored lines and odd mouth, and I added in custom 'Going Super' sprites that made it look like Mario transforming! If you're interested, I released it on Xtreme Starfox's 4shared account.

astar said:
huh? That's odd, the Going Super frames that you see in character WADs, (Z) isn't there. Sorry.

That's because PLAYZ is not the super transformation frame. It's the Super hurt frame for when Super Sonic gets hit by a super turret, which doesn't exist in the normal version of SRB2 we have at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back