My problem with pokemon (and hopefully how to fix it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

on Edge

Looking at my Fire Red pokedex, I realized that, "I need all the legendary pokemon to complete this!" Which means... *Drumrole* Nintendo Events!

Yuck. In addition to how gay nintendo events are normally, I've missed all the ones for 3rd generation. So my options are:

1) Hack.
2) Trade.

But anyone trying to get rid of multiple deoxi probably hacked anyway. So, how screwed am I? Can you trade with/for hacked pokemon safely? Can you hack without completely messing up your own game and the online functions?

I feel like nintendo has been holding out on me, and I'd like some help here, please.

Well, it shouldn't be possible to get a bad egg online, so I'd say you have nothing to worry about. I have a completely full Pokedex having gone to very few events, gotten by trading around with those who have to get the Pokedex entry, and then using the GTS to find the Pokemon itself.

Personally I don't mind the events as long as they're located in reasonable places. I'm not willing to drive to say, New York City, for a Pokemon, but I'm perfectly willing to drive to a local store.

Mystic said:
Well, it shouldn't be possible to get a bad egg online, so I'd say you have nothing to worry about. I have a completely full Pokedex having gone to very few events, gotten by trading around with those who have to get the Pokedex entry, and then using the GTS to find the Pokemon itself.

Personally I don't mind the events as long as they're located in reasonable places. I'm not willing to drive to say, New York City, for a Pokemon, but I'm perfectly willing to drive to a local store.
Yea.... about the bad egg's WTF DO THEY DO, i have loads and they dont do anything >_>

Mystic said:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bad_egg

They do nothing. Bad egg is just how the modern Pokemon games prevent glitching along the lines of Missingno.
So basicly i have these bad eggs for nothing......>_>

Looked at that page and it appears that the bad egg i have doesn't do all the thing it says it should do, for example, changing the icon to the pokemon next to it etc...

Why complete the Pokedex? The reward is not worth it.

More importantly, Pokemon handed out in Nintendo events are just little extra's you can get if you go to an event. They arn't needed to complete the Pokedex.

There's a reward? *picks Pokemon Diamond back up* *puts all Ranched pokes back in the game*

Chaos Knux said:
There's a reward? *picks Pokemon Diamond back up* *puts all Ranched pokes back in the game*
Don't bother. It's just a certificate that says in other words "Congratulations! You have absolutely no life!"

I know I have no life. But I got the 'dex done in one game from each gen (Y, C, & E) and I'll do it in Gen 4 too.

Mystic said:
Well, it shouldn't be possible to get a bad egg online, ... Personally I don't mind the events as long as they're located in reasonable places.
NeoJames said:
Pokemon handed out in Nintendo events are just little extra's you can get if you go to an event. They arn't needed to complete the Pokedex.
With that info, and the new diamond game I got that goes online, I think I'll be able to complete it now.

Thanks, and I guess I'll see some of you online later.

I know that I don't need the legendaries but I got them anyways. I'm talking about Generation four and ALL the legendaries.

Silent_Snipe said:
No one can beat my level 0 pokemon =P

Not even my level 100 Arceus?

I have AR (I don't use it to cheat through the ENTIRE game) and used it for a complete Sinnoh and National Pokedex. I just do it to get info on all pokemon (and to get a shiney of my fav pokemon: Buizel ^^;;)

If you could breed them, they would become extremely common making them not so legendary.

sonic260 said:
I have AR (I don't use it to cheat through the ENTIRE game) and used it for a complete Sinnoh and National Pokedex. I just do it to get info on all pokemon (and to get a shiney of my fav pokemon: Buizel ^^;;)

Yeah, I like Shiny Buizel, except I didn't cheat to find mine. I found mine east of Pastoria city in the grass. A Lv 20 male. Still have it now.

My main target at the moment is to get some wifi trades, and get all the rare berries with supereffective downgrades e.g. Occa Berry cuts the power of a super effective fire type attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back