New MB themes created!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JEV3, when you have a somewhat bright background, you don't make the foreground stuff even more bright. All that does is hurt the eyes.

Seriously though, what's wrong with DoomBuilder's default colors? They work just fine on my sight.

Shuffle said:
They all look pretty ugly, IMO. The sky is apparently green and lightening is puke yellow. DW STILL can't make themes. I'll stick to void, I think. :P

I might as well answer this post. DarkWarrior went back and improved the Sky theme. It looks loads better now, the Lightning theme is still a WIP. I have not updated those themes yet, but I will show you screenshots of them.

Sky theme screenshot: (Click to see in full size)

WIP Lightning theme: (Click to see in full size)

What do you guys think of them so far now?

Sonict

on Edge said:
The lightning is improving a lot, however it may still need more.

Offtopic: Your sig is mean now. ;-;

Yeah. Well I ran out of space so I had to shorten it. I would have kept the last sentence if I could.

But yeah. Lightning looks much better atm.

Sonict

Looks good, though perhaps a liiittle more off-tone cyan could be in there (that means slightly desaturated green/blue right?)

@FB: Well, it works for me, but I never was a color expert. Besides, making it dark enough to stand out killed the point in having a green color. *became almost black*

As for lightning, the yellow headers don't contrast quite enough imo... (but I'm not a color expert)

*btw, isn't an admin's or mod's sig supposed to be mean? ;-P j/k *

In response to something Sonict said on IRC a while ago: You can totally change the yellow post icons. While my browser is pulling image crap from the forum, it goes through the subdivision of the silver pallet. :/

I have fixed the "Sky" theme. Thanks again for DarkWarrior remaking it and me fixing it up. It now looks like the sky. It clashes with the logo though.

Sonict

The change caught me off-guard... heh

Looks pretty good, but the logo does clash... Can the logo have alpha values? otherwise it might as well not have any anti-aliasing at all... Just perhaps a solid black outline...

And... I guess that is not your job anyways... I'll live with it, or switch back to a different one after a while.

That should be next. I know Neo_Chaotikal was trying to fix that up. The problem is the fact that Internet Explorer 6 doesn't support that well. There is a way to fix it so it will work in it, but I have no idea how far along that is coming.

The "Morning" theme will be brightened up a bit and should be updated soon.

Sonict

If you are talking about the buttons, I can't change that. I can't change the logo either. I don't have access to the FTP like DW said. I also don't see and blue font or blue bars anywhere...

Show me in a screenshot and I can see what I can do about it.

Sonict

Sonict said:
If you are talking about the buttons, I can't change that. I can't change the logo either. I don't have access to the FTP like DW said. I also don't see and blue font or blue bars anywhere...

Show me in a screenshot and I can see what I can do about it.

Sonict

I'm sorry, but in my opinion these new themes are poorly done and unfigurative. Hey, you changed the colors! Awesome! Great job! ... Now what?

My first choice was the evening theme (because... I'm like that), and I was expecting vibrant dark yet cool temperate colors, but all I found was an ugly purple theme. The evening isn't only composed of shades of purple! Then, I chose grass, and eventually all of the other new ones, and they're just awful and unpleasant to look at. I figured since you were going in this direction, you'd take it to the highest of heights, but I guess I can't really expect that as not everyone thinks that way; to take it to the highest measures, the top, the best... the very best.

...Have you seen PHPBB2's failure of a skin system?

It's horrible. Different color settings affect two or more things at once. You can't have a good background image, you can't do anything except change the colors. In short, it's so limited, that all you'll ever get out of it is color changes without a whole new template, and mods that allow changing of different colors. It's just not a good enough system for the things you're looking for.

Dark Warrior, I've seen some pretty amazing custom themes on PHPBB2, without any external help such as premade templates, etc., and knowing that it's possible makes me look down on the work done with these, and think, "So, these took like 10 minutes to make, right?"

Update: Dark warrior has now brightened up the "Morning" theme and I have now applied it here.

"Lighting" has been worked on, but it is still canned for the moment.

Sonict

If phpBB2's skin system sucks so much (which I understand, it does), we really ought to just download some templates and adjust them to work with the current modifications attached to this forum. Hell, I made a space theme out of subSilver, and it really didn't turn out that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back