This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I don't know why when I save a map from the toolbar the coordinates sometimes got overflowed.

Untitled_755.jpg

I didn't understand what you tried to exemplify, but I can answer the first half, where you want the sector properties window to pop out after creating a new sector:
Tools > Preferences > Editing > Edit sector properties when drawing a new sector

I mean when you make a new sector as part of a sector, like when you make a sector with a different height and during making it you use part of another sector to finish it. When that happens I don't even get the options to set the floor or ceiling textures or heights. I have to make the sector individually and paste it to the part of the sector I wanted it to be in originally, but then I run into the problem of constantly having to adjust the height despite me putting the height at the same level as the sector it was in before I used linedefs to put it into another sector, and I was sure I turned that feature off in the options.

If you draw a sector that reuses linedefs from another sector, Zone Builder doesn't interpret that as "drawing a new sector" but rather "splitting an existing sector", so the "Edit Sector" window doesn't pop up automatically, unfortunately. Obviously you can still edit the sector properties after you've created it though.

As for the pasting thing, the option you want to turn off is Tools -> Preferences -> Pasting -> Adjust heights to match relatively with surrounding sector.

If you draw a sector that reuses linedefs from another sector, Zone Builder doesn't interpret that as "drawing a new sector" but rather "splitting an existing sector", so the "Edit Sector" window doesn't pop up automatically, unfortunately. Obviously you can still edit the sector properties after you've created it though.

As for the pasting thing, the option you want to turn off is Tools -> Preferences -> Pasting -> Adjust heights to match relatively with surrounding sector.

I'm guessing that's done to bypass an error?

I'm guessing that's done to bypass an error?
Which part are you referring to? The fact that it considers it splitting a sector instead of creating a new sector? I'm just guessing here, but I imagine it's because it's not always clear which of the resulting sectors is the "new" one. Imagine splitting a sector in half right down the middle: Now which part is the old sector and which is the new sector?

Is there any plan to eventually be able to preview Flat Alignment in the editor or at least in visual mode? It would help making good looking things a bit easier to make without having to launch and quit the game everytime to doublecheck. That aside, I feel like this is pretty much flawless.

EDIT: It could be related to me using alignment by texture offset when I map for srb2kart since it's far easier to set up and doesn't seem to be in vanilla at all, my bad :X

Last edited:
I'd like to add to the above issue; this crashes far too often.
It especially seems very bad at handling issues like unclosed sectors, overlapping vertices and linedefs that cross but don't split eachother (why are these three things even possible?) and crashes a lot when those happen.

In addition to that, not a cause of crashes but the "map issues" mode often suggests that clearly needed sidedef textures aren't, usually the lowers on sectors that intersect slopes.

Hey, neat tool modification! Though, I did get an error while making a NiGHTS level:

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
Zone Builder: v2.8

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Map.BSP.GetSector(Vector2D p)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Map.Thing.DetermineSector(BSP bsp)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualThing.Setup()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualMode.CreateVisualThing(Thing t)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.VisualModes.VisualMode.DoCulling()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.VisualModes.VisualMode.OnProcess(Single deltatime)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualMode.OnProcess(Single deltatime)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.processor_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
If you could fix this, that would be great.

Here's a dumb suggestion that would make both vanilla and kart mapping a lot more bearable; an 'order' field for checkpoints which would just add 360*value to the checkpoint's angle. Would be useful for maps with a lot of checkpoints.

ZB v2.9 is out! Not much has changed, but the release of v2.1.21 forced me to fix up PK3 support. As a reminder, ZB supports PK3 files as resources, but it can't open or edit maps inside PK3s! If you want to edit maps inside a PK3, you'll have to extract them into a WAD file first. I also took the opportunity to add the SRB2Kart config, so happy Kart mapping, y'all!

Zone Builder for me is more useful than the SRB2 Doom Builder because it shows textures out of 3D mode. With this you can recreate other game levels.

I got this error while trying to align a bunch of textures along a bunch of selected linedefs in visual mode.

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8670D
Zone Builder: v2.7

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.VisualMiddle3D.Setup(Effect3DFloor extrafloor)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.VisualMiddle3D.Setup()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.VisualSidedefParts.SetupAllParts()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualGeometrySidedef.OnTextureAlign(Boolean alignx, Boolean aligny)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualMode.TextureAutoAlignX()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.BeginActionByKey(Int32 key, Boolean repeated)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.KeyPressed(Int32 key)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.MainForm_KeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Here's a dumb suggestion that would make both vanilla and kart mapping a lot more bearable; an 'order' field for checkpoints which would just add 360*value to the checkpoint's angle. Would be useful for maps with a lot of checkpoints.

You have no idea how much this is needed for people like me, man, i'd also love the Level Header and FOF Wizard from SRB2 Workbench.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back