This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Sometimes, when I draw a line, it says this in the bottom left corner:

j5nNoq2.png

I've also seen "Created a cheerful drawing" once before. Is this some sort of easter egg?

Problem of DirectX9

I have a friend that is trying to install ZB but, he's having trouble with this error mensage:

unknown.png

And he haves DirectX 12, can you know how to solve it?

Having DirectX 12 is unrelated to having DirectX 9. They're separate things, and should both be installed. So whether he has DirectX 12 installed or not doesn't matter in this case.
But it cant install DirectX9 because the installer says that you already have a superior version, that is the DirectX12 that im talking about. And theres another friend that have DirectX11 that Zone Builder accept, can this have a
cientific awnser?

But it cant install DirectX9 because the installer says that you already have a superior version, that is the DirectX12 that im talking about. -
Unfortunately, I don't know much about that. Try to launch a DirectX 9 game on Steam or such (such as Team Fortress 2, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2, or such), and see if that will then make Steam attempt to install DirectX 9.

- And theres another friend that have DirectX11 that Zone Builder accept, can this have a cientific awnser?
Yes. They have both DirectX 11 and DirectX 9.

No,my other friend only has directx11, he doesn't have directx9,and zone builder wont show up any error but when my friend (the one that uses directx12) tries to open it up it says that "you have a superior version of directx.

So I was trying to mess around with Zone Builder and tried testing it but the sign post doesn't work any help?

So how on earth do I find the option that allows me to have a default sector height as well as default textures like in SRB2 Doom Builder? I can't find it anywhere!

So how on earth do I find the option that allows me to have a default sector height as well as default textures like in SRB2 Doom Builder? I can't find it anywhere!

You can set default sector floor/ceiling height as well as brightness by heading to:
Tools > Preferences > Editing

Now, I haven't found the default textures option, so there's a chance it stopped existing in GZDoom Builder, but something that may be useful for the same effect can be found in Draw settings on the sidebar.
Enable the sidebar by going to:
Tools > Preferences
At the bottom left you should be able to choose on what side will the sidebar be anchored to.
In Draw Settings you can toggle overrides, which to be fair I have no idea what do they do exactly, but you can pick a few textures, select a few linedefs and apply the overrides to them quickly. I guess it was made to replace missing textures quickly?

You can set default sector floor/ceiling height as well as brightness by heading to:
Tools > Preferences > Editing

Now, I haven't found the default textures option, so there's a chance it stopped existing in GZDoom Builder, but something that may be useful for the same effect can be found in Draw settings on the sidebar.
Enable the sidebar by going to:
Tools > Preferences
At the bottom left you should be able to choose on what side will the sidebar be anchored to.
In Draw Settings you can toggle overrides, which to be fair I have no idea what do they do exactly, but you can pick a few textures, select a few linedefs and apply the overrides to them quickly. I guess it was made to replace missing textures quickly?

Yes, but how do I set it so that when I draw a sector within a sector it will let me edit the floor height upon completion? I mean as in the sector is drawn with another sector, like say a rock face on a wall for example.

Last edited:
how do I set it so that when I draw a sector within a sector it will let me edit the floor height upon completion? I mean as in the sector is drawn with another sector, like say a rock face on a wall for example.

I didn't understand what you tried to exemplify, but I can answer the first half, where you want the sector properties window to pop out after creating a new sector:
Tools > Preferences > Editing > Edit sector properties when drawing a new sector

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back