Suggestions

And you gave that up to make post 'boob' in this topic, so all is forgiven. (What? The number 6 is just a curly b...)

Anyways, yeah. Directionchar was created as a teaching tool to help explain player motion, and creating additional assets when that exists (and character .wads are difficult enough to create already) is foolish. It'd be similar to (if not quite matching) the level of complexity added on-slope sprite angles...

Playing animations backwards isn't exactly feasible under the new player sprite system, either. Maybe it should be, but at least not right now.

Last edited:
Little nitpick but will you update the heights for shield sprites to actually fit knucklehead ? :p (like, scale them up little bit)

Last edited:
I think a neat feature for 2.2, would be to have the ability to unlock the older versions of the remade zones in a "Legacy Mode" of sorts by collecting emblems.

Sammy, and forgive me for doing this mods, go Check out SRB2 the Past. It's almost exactly what you're suggesting.You just don't need emblems for everything.

Edit
Make it so that cutscenes can support more than 8 pictures per scene.

Last edited:
Maybe you guys could add in-level cutscenes on the 2.2 new version.

Wait maybe this post is too old for this reply...

Or maybe i'm wrong...

Edit: Yeah i was really wrong, this post is not old :P

Any chance we get non 2 powered texture loader ? too much work to just import textures currently, it would be nice to also have the ability to use wall textures on planes and vice-versa, these would really help speed up the level design workflow, and are reasons why I love mapping for GZDoom.

Allow (Non-joining) spectators in ring slinger modes to change characters. also make it so that if you change characters after joining (not spectating) your character dies and you loose all your currently collected goodies

Last edited:
Spectators in ringslinger gamemodes can already change characters.

I noticed the Lindef type 527 (Quicksand) doesn't have a "sideless" variant like the water and goo linedef does (Linedefs 123 and 125). Is there any reason for it? I think it would be a good to have a Quicksand FOF with no sides too.

Probably no reason other than the person who implemented quicksand didn't think of adding a linedef type for the sideless version at the time. You can make a sideless quicksand FOF yourself with the Custom FOF type anyway.

This guy here, I'm not even sure how is one supposed to dodge his projectiles, Always gets me, unfair enemy placement ?

Sans_titre.png

A skin flag to disable the spin jump animations would be nice. there is no way to disable that currently without disabling the spindash ability for the skin, or doing hacky stuff and recreating the spindash.

Have it so that the flame object does not take away the elemental shield. if Lava can't take it away, why should basic fire?

Have it so that the flame object does not take away the elemental shield. if Lava can't take it away, why should basic fire?

Which flame object? Do you mean Brak Eggman's fire shots? To my knowledge, all of the other ones have MF_FIRE, which makes the Elemental Shield immune to them.

Which flame object? Do you mean Brak Eggman's fire shots? To my knowledge, all of the other ones have MF_FIRE, which makes the Elemental Shield immune to them.
turns out the shield is immune to the torch fire. and what made me think otherwise was a level in my pack that wasn't fully converted

Yeah, I've only got passed him without damage once, and that was just a well timed jump from start of the lava. I pretty much always get hit otherwise.
D9WuEXw.gif

I'd like to see the old Match system re-added as an alternative of the current one: a variable which changes the Match system, and default would be the current one

And, because lag, if someone leaves and they rejoin, keep the score until the round ends/map change

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back