The Absolutely Complete SRB2 MIDI Soundtrack

Wumbo

edited
Psst. Hey, kid, come over here. Yeah, you. Would you be interested in owning the

ABSOLUTELY COMPLETE SRB2 MIDI SOUNDTRACK!?

Who would deny such a great present from a random stranger with a horrifying non-anime profile picture, anyways?
__________________________________________________​

Okay, on to the real stuff. I was bored one day and decided to take every single MIDI track from [nearly] every version of Sonic Robo Blast 2, extract them, give them normal names, and slap them inside a single folder. The end result was 147 files and 5,583,511 bytes of pure MIDI goodness.

Update 1: And now, because I felt like it, you can now download versions in OGG or MP3 form! I converted them using Keppy's MIDI Converter and the beautiful FluidR3 soundfont. If you're fine dealing with at least 647,511,118 bytes of music files, this is the choice for you!

Update 2: KevinTH, your wish has been granted! Now you can download the Absolutely Complete SRB2 MIDI Soundtrack on Google Drive! You may want to download it there if you don't like the way MEGA downloads things.

Update 3: To make things easier for you and me, I've removed the MEGA links, and now you can view the tracks without downloading them! I've reuploaded all the tracks into their respective folders inside one large folder so you can now listen to at least the MP3 and OGG conversions without downloading the file first. Also, we've gotten information about the three unknown tracks from SSNTails himself! I've updated the names to reflect what he told us.

Update 4: This will be my last update... that I'm going to edit the post to notify people for, at least. I've added MP3 conversions with the OPL3 soundfont upon SSNTails' request and edited the names for a whole lot of files to make them more accurate. I'll still be releasing updates, big or small, when needed, it's just that I'm not going to be editing this post to tell people about it anymore. If it's something really important, though, I may update it again. But if you want to stay updated, track the latest posts on this thread and see what's up!

The Absolutely Complete SRB2 MIDI Soundtrack includes:

• [Probably] All MIDI tracks from as early as the Halloween demo (OoOoOoOoOo SpOoPy)
  • The Christmas tracks from both the Christmas demos and Christmas mode
  • Some (previously) unknown songs
  • An old version of ERZ1 that features an epic piano solo
  • Red Volcano Act 2!
  • A premix of a remix
  • Some pretty good MIDIs of Sonic Adventure music
  • Both Act 1 and Act 2 tracks of scrapped zone ideas
  • Some Sonic 2 songs
  • And most importantly, Echidnapolis!

You may find this helpful if you're looking for some tunes for that WAD you're making. I see everything

Anyways, the best part of all: The link to the files!

They're all in here

I hope you like it. Bye

Last edited:
Also, as this is a post about SRB2's various midis. It turns out that the midis used for Demo 4 special stages 3 to 7 and the song for Christmas Hunt Zone were midi versions of songs from the anime 'Ojamajo Doremi'.

Thanks MonsterIestyn for noticing and cataloguing this, complete with Youtube links for comparison.

Huh, so I wasn't the only one that had the idea of tracking down what the original songs were. It's good to know my hunch was right and the second special stage theme really is original.

This is outside the scope of "demo 4 music" but I want to add that Jingle Bell actually remained as D_MAPA4M (Techno Hill 2 Xmas) during the final demos and that D_MAPA3M (Techno Hill 1 Xmas, labeled "Santa Claus is Coming to Town 2" in Wumbo's file) also from the final demos is an Ojamajo Doremi track as well.

Huh, so I wasn't the only one that had the idea of tracking down what the original songs were. It's good to know my hunch was right and the second special stage theme really is original.

Yeah, I suspect the second special stage theme is actually an early version of what later became O_MAP50M. After all it does sound like one of that song's segments if you compare them carefully.

That said, confound it, how did I miss that other one from Ojamajo Doremi? I watched the whole thing over several weeks to help in my research for where Demo 4's MIDIs came from. x_x

Last edited:
Updated the post. Now you can download the Absolutely Complete SRB2 MIDI Soundtrack [converted to] glorious OGG or MP3 form!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
The name of this topic should be changed to "The Absolutely Complete SRB2 Soundtrack" to reflect the inclusion of OGG & MP3 versions of the tracks.

The name of this topic should be changed to "The Absolutely Complete SRB2 Soundtrack" to reflect the inclusion of OGG & MP3 versions of the tracks.
That would be misleading. The Ogg and MP3 versions offered here are just the MIDI versions run through a MIDI converter. They're different from the actual Ogg music included in SRB2.

That would be misleading. The Ogg and MP3 versions offered here are just the MIDI versions run through a MIDI converter. They're different from the actual Ogg music included in SRB2.
Darn, maybe I should've made that a bit more clear in my comment... Edited it to clarify that.

It would be too much to ask for a mirror like GDrive since Mega is being problematic with the bandwidth limit thing again, if not no problem then.

It would be too much to ask for a mirror like GDrive since Mega is being problematic with the bandwidth limit thing again, if not no problem then.
I would use Mediafire if they wouldn't have things like annoying pop-ups and unblockable ads. I'd rather not subject people to a bunch of annoying, pointless advertisements while downloading a folder full of a bunch of random music files. It's just not worth it...

I would use Mediafire if they wouldn't have things like annoying pop-ups and unblockable ads. I'd rather not subject people to a bunch of annoying, pointless advertisements while downloading a folder full of a bunch of random music files. It's just not worth it...
I've been using Mediafire for some years and I've never seen any ads, I think you will have no problems with it.

Google Drive is fairly nice on that front, though, and it only requires a Google account (which is free) or such to use upload stuff to it. Edit: I meant "upload to", not "use".

I've been using Mediafire for some years and I've never seen any ads, I think you will have no problems with it.
I've been using(/downloading stuff from) Mediafire for some years, too, and have experienced advertisements completely redirecting me away from Mediafire (unless an ad-blocking plugin is used), as well as new windows popping up upon clicking the (correct, non-ad) download button (I'm pretty sure that has happened to me even with an ad-blocking plugin). So I definitely feel the same way as Wumbo about Mediafire.

Last edited:
Google Drive is fairly nice on that front, though, and only requires a Google account (which is free) or such to use it.
If it is to upload files then yes, but to download is not necessary to make a account.
I've been using(/downloading stuff from) Mediafire for some years, too, and have experienced advertisements completely redirecting me away from Mediafire (unless an ad-blocking plugin is used), as well as new windows popping up upon clicking the (correct, non-ad) download button (I'm pretty sure that has happened to me even with an ad-blocking plugin). So I definitely feel the same way as Wumbo about Mediafire.
I seriously did not notice any advertisements, in that case Google Drive then.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back