• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Blue Heaven level pack version 0.5 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tets

one rude dude
More news pertaining to my level pack, Blue Heaven, hitherto known as Chaos Zone. I've got a single screenshot and an announcement that I'm nearly done with object placement in Burning Cavern. This of course means that I'm dangerously close to the next release, which will also feature a full set of special stages (or at the very least, as many as there are zones right now).

UPDATE:
It's finished, the wad is released and ready to be played by the masses. Just follow this link! http://tets.sepwich.com/blueheaven.htm
The "official" release thread can be found here: http://www.ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=6391

srb20017.png

There have been some changes since my last announcement. As you can see I've decided to go with the "lava-based lighting" plan in Burning Cavern after all. Additionally I'm retracting my statement that Shuffle's exe will be required to play. Burning Cavern should work well enough without flamethrowers. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I'd prefer this pack to be fully compatible with the standard game, and it would just look bad to have a bunch of unknown thing errors showing up.

Sweet. Hope it gets done soon. We need more custom special stages around here. =P

Personally, I don't really like the lighting... it just seems unnatural somehow. Just an opinion, though, I may just have bad taste.

Blue Warrior said:
Sweet. Hope it gets done soon. We need more custom special stages around here. =P

Sounds like an insintive to get back to work on my bonus pack.

I admit the lighting does look a bit odd in that area. It looks much better when the ceiling is closer. But I'm pleased with how it turned out anyway.

Alrighty! How tough is this zone gonna be? Also, why "blue" heaven? I don't think you should use a color in the name, since I don't see anything thats blue in burning cave zone.

You do know Burning Cavern isn't going to be the only zone in there, right? =P

For all we know, Blue Heaven could be some later-to-come... awesome stage thing. In the pack.

Offtopic: KingOfFlames, you just posted your 1337th post.

Anyways Blue Heaven/Chaos Zone is looking really good, Tets. I'm definitely downloading it when it's done.

Level pack released

It's out now. Grab it at the link provided in the first post or in my sig. I haven't been able to get many people to test it, but it shouldn't be as bad as the original Frigid Peak release was. Have fun now, kids. Discussion of Blue Heaven should now go to this new thread in the releases forum, where it belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back