Objects Controlling Platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Cheater X

A new era is here!
Can somebody help me, and when I say object controlling platforms I mean is there a way as in if I destroy an object maybe a platform will move up from the ground. Thank you please let me know as soon as possible.
Also when you go to multiplayer, then host game, at where it says game type, how do you add new menus and delete menus?

Last edited:
I'm not positive how to do the first one, but I think there might indeed be a way to do it. You could certainly design an object with boss attributes and assign the special boss tags to the sector/FOF you want to move.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to change game menus in a WAD. If your heart is really set on doing that, you'll have to make your own custom EXE.

What Fawlfulfan said in response your second question is correct, I'm afraid. However, there is a remarkably easy way to allow objects to control processes in the level. Set your object's DeathState (or whatever state you want to trigger the action) to a state with the action A_LinedefExecute and set Var1 of that state to the tag of the sector the object will be placed in. Then tag a linedef executor that does whatever you want the object to do to the object's sector (make sure NOT to give the sector any linedef executor-related sector effects) and you're good to go.

What Fawlfulfan said in response your second question is correct, I'm afraid. However, there is a remarkably easy way to allow objects to control processes in the level. Set your object's DeathState (or whatever state you want to trigger the action) to a state with the action A_LinedefExecute and set Var1 of that state to the tag of the sector the object will be placed in. Then tag a linedef executor that does whatever you want the object to do to the object's sector (make sure NOT to give the sector any linedef executor-related sector effects) and you're good to go.

Thanks, this might sound like a weird question but how do you create your own SRB2 EXE and how do you add your own game type?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back