E3 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't so much a trainwreck as much as it was lacking a bunch of meat. Not nearly as ridiculous as Microsoft's conference but it was seriously underwhelming. You'd think that with a new console coming out they'd invest in interesting third-party exclusives and some stronger first-party support, of which a New Super Mario Bros. game and Pikmin are not nearly enough to hold on their own.

I dunno if this is Nintendo's last opportunity to show some more potentially good content to the public but, for the time being, the Wii U is a very uninteresting console.

What gets me is that they say they learned from the 3DS falling flat at launch, and were going to make up for it with Wii U. You know what would have made me want a Wii U more? Something to look forward to. Apparently everything shown was just what would be ready to launch, which was... okay, I guess, but c'mon, I want to see more of Nintendo in HD. Show me what won't be ready at launch, per se, but something that'd make me want to get the game in anticipation. Retro's working on something, right? What is it? Why can't I see it?

At this point I've pretty much just elected to wait and see if Nintendo has some actually gripping content to show off in the future, either at a later game show, or of their own announcement or probably even just at the next E3. There's nothing at E3 2012 that was deserving of shelling out a few hundred dollars for an entirely new console when there's no content on that console that's new and/or interesting. Who needs Mass Effect 3 and Arkham City for the Wii U when everyone can already play it (and most have beaten it) for other systems? Who cares about Assassin's Creed 3 on Wii U when you can but it for a (non-Nintendo) console you might already own?

At this point I've pretty much just elected to wait and see if Nintendo has some actually gripping content to show off in the future, either at a later game show, or of their own announcement or probably even just at the next E3. There's nothing at E3 2012 that was deserving of shelling out a few hundred dollars for an entirely new console when there's no content on that console that's new and/or interesting. Who needs Mass Effect 3 and Arkham City for the Wii U when everyone can already play it (and most have beaten it) for other systems? Who cares about Assassin's Creed 3 on Wii U when you can but it for a (non-Nintendo) console you might already own?

I guess they have ME3 and Assassin's Creed just to show that their console will have hardcore stuff as well.

Also http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/05/e3-2012-nintendo-announces-project-p-100-for-wii-u
May be good, wonder why they haven't said anything before.

So I'm the only one who actually liked Nintendo's conference? Okay, it wasn't the best conference (I didn't watch the rest of them yet) but I still liked it. Not too much info on the Wii U, but from the way it works, I might get one (That is, If we find out about a release date and price of it). Some of the titles interested me like New Super Mario Bros 2 (The Wii U one looks like it's just the same thing) Luigi's Mansion "Dark Moon", and of course, Pikmin 3. But what I don't get is, why is everyone so mad about not hearing about games like Smash, and Legend of Zelda?

I'm still not sold on Tomb Raider. Why the hell did this series need a reboot, let alone to a darker, apparently gorier, "more mature" (CD's words) direction? Underworld didn't set the world on fire, I get that, but I'd take the direction that series was heading in in a heartbeat. Not to mention the resulting game here looks linear as hell, although the demo did have a few cool aspects I guess (igniting flammable things to handle enemies in short order, a few alternate paths going down the same corridors - hey, I didn't say they were unique aspects).

Hell, why does every franchise need to be "gritty", "dark", "real", "mature"? There's that Star Wars 1313 game, too, which is making an adult-oriented (violence-wise, at least, no idea about sex-wise) Star Wars game that as far as I know nobody sane asked for. This is a franchise that's by-and-large family-oriented (Revenge of the Sith is pushing it with the child-killing, and I guess the first one had the bloody severed hand in the Mos Eisley bar scene, but that's generally the worst of it), why sully that reputation?

This E3 pisses me off so much.

So far, these new systems and add-ons don't interest me much. Internet Explorer for the XBOX? Really? I have a laptop for that. The Wii U needs more to catch our interest. Pikmin 3 might be interesting, but I'm not too sure about it. The novelty of that series has kinda died out with Pikmin 2.

I did see a lot of cool games, though. Halo 4 looks cool. I'm not much of a Halo fan, but the live action cut scenes look great, and the new aliens interest me more than the Flood thing.

Watch Dogs looks awesome. The graphics are amazing, and the things that guy does with his phone looks pretty awesome.

I also took a look at the trailer for the new Skyrim expansion. It didn't disappoint. A new vampire transformation with unique powers, new monsters, the addition of crossbows, some kinda ghost-horse, we can finally fight while still mounted on a horse. And the story looks like it will be interesting.

They didn't show a trailer of it during E3, but personally, what I'm looking forward to most, next to Rayman Legends (well, I would if it wasn't an exclusive) and Playstation All-Stars (That new Smash Brothers isn't coming out any time soon, so now I have an excuse to like it!) is Injustice: Gods Among Us. It's basically an all-DC fighting game by the people who made Mortal Kombat 9.

I loved Mortal Kombat 9, honestly, I'd say it was my favorite fighting game last year, so I'm betting I'm probably going to love this. It sounds like they're trying to be more Capcom-esque, too, since you hold back to block, and there's a light, medium, and heavy attack button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back