The SRB2 Master Server (SRB2MS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't. When Cue says it is up and running, then you can use it. Until then, consider the server not working. (even though it looks like it is)

It's up.

Now, we don't need tens of thousands of replies, nor new topics that advertise this fact, please.

Just in case you guys didn't know already, the master server keeps delisting servers for some reason.

It's not even a bug. It's by design.

The MS will delist any server after three minutes have elapsed from the time it was listed. The server sends another "hey, add me to the list" packet every two minutes or so to stay on the list. This was Cue's way of getting around the broken "heartbeat" packet system.

All right, then either my server isn't resending the packet to the MS, or the MS just isn't receiving it.

Or it's just Minuit 3 and Minuit 4 hasn't hit yet

Erm what?

犬夜叉;692926 said:
The server sends another "hey, add me to the list" packet every two minutes or so to stay on the list.

I don't even know what you're talking about, glaber, but I'm fairly sure it's nonsense.

Also, ever thought of using a spellchecker, by any chance?

犬夜叉;692926 said:
The MS will delist any server after three minutes have elapsed from the time it was listed. The server sends another "hey, add me to the list" packet every two minutes or so to stay on the list.

The problem is (and you said it on IRC) that the MS don't get the "hey, add me to the list" packet sent by the server. And it happens with ALL the server which are hosting on the MS. So, the MS look like to be dead, until you rehost and you are displayed on the MS 2 more minutes, then disconnected again ......

Thanks for get the MS back, but it has problems, every two minutes my Server turns offline :(; I hope that you can solve the problem ;).

Thanks for get the MS back, but it has problems, every two minutes my Server turns offline :(; I hope that you can solve the problem ;).

In case you don't know, everyone knows that. Read more or all of the thread next time.

犬夜叉;692926 said:
It's not even a bug. It's by design.

The MS will delist any server after three minutes have elapsed from the time it was listed. The server sends another "hey, add me to the list" packet every two minutes or so to stay on the list. This was Cue's way of getting around the broken "heartbeat" packet system.

firewall rules, hardcore firewall rules that block everything that is not whitelisted.

Some kind of design bug or something (that's what they say). The MS tends to delist a server multiple times. With that, its hard to tell who's online or not. Plus, don't forget there's plenty who didn't forward their ports.

Watch, here comes the next "MY CAR ISH BORKEN" post about the MS after this one, since there's a lack of two things presently:

1) dire drought of reading comprehension among the forum membership

2) no message on the MS page that explains that it's not working right and the (relatively obvious) way to go around the problem for now.

For that matter, no front page update about the MS status which alone, really, I would think would take 5 minutes for any of the staff to do...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back