Chile - Another Earthquake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your gonna throw out numbers like 500 or 800 you'll need to cite some sources.
WIkipedia might not be the best resource on Earth, but I decided to trust it in that case. Could be wrong, but it was definitely a lot stronger than the Haiti earthquake.

It's a perfectly good source for basic, unimportant things. This is a forum, not a research paper. Don't be a douche. Why would Wikipedia have an incorrect number on there? It's just math using logarithms. I'd think they can easily do that correctly over there.

AJ wins the thread so hard. The really great thing is that despite being aimed at humor, it's actually half-educational.

It's a perfectly good source for basic, unimportant things. This is a forum, not a research paper. Don't be a douche. Why would Wikipedia have an incorrect number on there? It's just math using logarithms. I'd think they can easily do that correctly over there.

Gasp!

Anyways, seems that Chile is going to survive. Lets just hope that we don't get any more quakes. :(

G.O.R.T said:
The real cause of the recent earthquakes are CMEs from the sun.

On February 24th, 2010, The Magnetic Filament erupted causing a coronal mass ejection. It was predicted that we would feel the effects on Feb. 27th and Feb 28th. So we waited, patiently.

Three days later...

[flash(425,350)]http://www.youtube.com/v/7nHBWb0dNQk[/flash]
[flash(425,350)]http://www.youtube.com/v/VFU9XHexUUE[/flash]
[flash(425,350)]http://www.youtube.com/v/9nI356tr3UM[/flash]

And all of this happened in less than a week. But that's not the worst part. The worst part is that all of this is just the beginning...

Is this true? O_o

The earth is going to fall apart!
Save us, Sonic!
Joking aside, I think this might get serious in the future. There's nothing for me to worry about.
But there might be...

The earth is going to fall apart!
Save us, Sonic!
Joking aside, I think this might get serious in the future. There's nothing for me to worry about.
But there might be...

Wow, that joke failed. Anyway, the planet Earth has been experiencing many, many catastrophes. I'm thankful that N.Cenz is still here, even after facing a EarthQuake.

May God be with us through the horrible time that Earth is going through, and may God protect any living thing from any living danger.

No, this isn't some 'pray'.

May God be with us through the horrible time that Earth is going through, and may God protect any living thing from any living danger.
I don't know about you, but I don't find the Earth to be in any horrible time just because of two earthquakes. Of course it's a disaster for those who were there, but this stuff just happens from time to time. It's also over now.

On the news last night I've heard that our day is now a few seconds shorter.
I don't know what news you listen you... Do you mean the time when the sun shines or the day as a whole? Both seems illogical to me though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back