Discussing Anime/Manga

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyanS

Hey!
So, we still don't have a stable thread for this so yeah...

Let's start with what I am into:
Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood and the original), Code Geass, Soul Eater and Gurren lagann are all animes that I have not watched in a long time but I think I can safely say that they are still among my favorites.

Hunter X Hunter, Madoka Magica and Attack on Titan are easily my favorite recently watched shows.
I've also watched some of the relatively new shows like One Punch Man, Mob Psycho 100, Kabaneri of the iron fortress (kinda meh...), My Hero Academia and others...

On the topic of manga, I Am reading One piece (favorite), Attack on titan (one month wait is always painful), My hero Academia and Nanatsu no Taizai (getting kinda meh...) and Hunter X Hunter when it's not on hiatus.

MyAnimeList: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/CyanS2
Well that's it, as you can see I'm more of a Shonen fan, what about you guys?

Last edited:
I AM SUMMONED

As far as things that I'm into, have a list of miscellaneous favourite shows and films, in no particular order. Complete with an opening from the show or a trailer for the movie if anyone is curious about the show/movie in question. Complete with a 3x3 image of favourite shows and favourite movies I made for another community entirely.

Favourite shows
Cowboy Bebop
Allison to Lillia
Gankutsuou
Turn-A Gundam
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Kaiba
Mushishi
Kino no Tabi
Gundam 08th MS Team

tumblr_inline_naw1u7AnKa1r02h7r.jpg

Movies
The Girl Who Lept Through Time
One Stormy Night
The two Macross Frontier movies (yes I'm cheating and counting them together)
Metropolis
Wolf Children
Patema Inverted
Redline
Summer Wars
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust

tumblr_inline_naw1uk1L6T1r02h7r.jpg

MyAnimeList: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Whackjood

In general though, I really like animation in general. Not just anime, and I barely read any manga. So shrug. Also mecha is pretty great.

I don't really watch that much original movies but recently came across The Girl Who Lept Through Time and loved it. The animation style is really special and fits the movie perfectly, the same can be said about the musics. The story was really enjoyable, funny at times, sad and dramatic when it needs to be. It definitely got me a little more interested in movies.
I might check out Wolf Children at some point, heard good things about that one.

Oh I also tried Cowboy Bebop recently and I know that it's not really fair to judge a show only from the first episode but it was kinda boring honestly.

Last edited:
My top 3 are, in no particular order, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Favorites aside from those are Kill la Kill, Fate/Zero, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, with honorable mentions being One Punch Man, selector infected WIXOSS, Hunter x Hunter, and Psycho-Pass. As an added bonus, the two shows I despise more than anything are Watamote and Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/wolfy852

I don't read manga very often, but I have been getting into visual novels recently. So far I've only read Fate/stay night, which was really good.

Last edited:
My favorite manga is Dragonball. That gave a sense of adventure and magic that made me love it. Words cannot explain my love for it. My favorite anime are Dragon Ball Kai, Super, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Madoka Magica, Angel Beats, and Your Lie in April.

I really like most of the Dragon Ball franchise but Super just doesn't work for me, dropped it in the middle of the future Trunks arc.

Honestly guys I don't know how any of you can enjoy the future Trunks arc. Not only does it suffer greatly from things that Cobalt already stated like the introduction of yet another set of Dragon Balls (to that I would like to add the use of the hyperbolic time chamber which is now limitless) and the still declining relevance of side characters, It's basically only Goku and Vegeta now (along with Trunks for this arc).

But by far the worse aspect of this arc is how they handled the time travel. So from what I understood Zamasu hates humans and his hatred grew even more after his defeat against Goku so he decided to steal Goku's body in order to obtain his power and finally be able to exterminate all humans in all the universes. but first he kills Goku and Gowasu, becomes a real supreme kai and gain the ability to use the time ring. He then uses that time ring to travel to another timeline (future Trunks's timeline) and team up with the Zamasu from that timeline where he is now named Goku Black. Now this is where things start to get bad, Trunks goes to Goku's timeline to ask for his help. After some "research" they start to suspect Zamasu and go to his place to meet him. Goku asks for a fight against him and wins. It's because of that event that Zamasu is interested in Goku and later decide to steal his body. But that event only happened because of Trunks interference in Goku's timeline, if he didn't come Goku and Zamasu would have never met and the Zamasu from Goku's timeline would never make a move just like the one from Trunks's timeline who only made his move because of the other Zamasu's influence. BUT that other Zamasu IS the Zamasu from Goku's timeline (Goku Black) and since Trunks didn't have any reason to time travel back to Goku's timeline before the appearence of Goku Black in his timeline what caused Zamasu and Goku's meeting would have never happened making the existance of Goku Black impossible.

Beerus has the ability to make anyone he kills disappear from every timeline. When he killed Zamasu in goku's timeline that move was supposed to destroy both Zamasu and Goku Black in Trunks's timeline but it supposedly didn't work because the time ring that Black is wearing negates that effect. Well, the effect should only be negated for the Zamasu from Trunks's timeline because time ring or not people die when they are killed, the time ring isn't supposed to be a immortality granting item, from what I understood it's supposed to protect the Zamasus from every other timeline from beerus's powers but not the Zamasu that he killed just because of the fact that if he is killed he no longer have a future.

There are also some things that I have a hard time believing but that did happen anyway. One of those is the fact that Zamasu and Black weren't able to decimate earth's humans during the time Trunks passed in Goku's timeline. With Trunks gone they basically have no one with the power to oppose them and let's not forget that all the way back to the Saiyain Saga in DBZ Nappa was able to destroy an entire city by lifting one finger and considering that Black and Zamasu are MUCH stronger than Nappa ever was and that despite that they still can't get rid of a few humans is simply impossible to understand for me....

Well, the anime does have some really well animated fighting sequences here and there but like Cobalt already said "The moment everyone is able to fly indefinitely and fire energy blasts, the fights end up losing a lot of their depth and everyone starts feeling the same, even at different power levels."

Just something I posted on the Dragon Ball Super thread not so long ago.

My top 5 (in no order)
1. Kill la Kill
2. Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan
3. Death note
4. Neon Genesis Evangelion
5. Ouran Highschool Host Club
I also like Bleach, and while I don't really read manga, I also liked the Bleach and Kill la Kill manga.

This thread clearly lacks Cory in the House and Inferno Co-*shot*

Well to be serious, unlike the rest of this community I'm not into anime nor manga but I'm not going to harass for liking something that I particully don't enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back