Suggestions

A way to make advanced cutscenes like the opening sequence or the "Have you collected all those chaos emeralds?" bit from 1.09.4.

I would also like the old music to reappear, the old MFZ nicer then the new one in my opinion. And how about the really old ones too? I'm talking about Woodland Panic, the old RVZ, RMZ and Zim's Base (not really old but still).

And my own suggestion:
How about finding a way to make Sonic easier to control without removing any of his own speed or thok speed. I'd appreciate that.

Consider moving the "COLLECT X RINGS" special stage message to a lower portion of the screen, so that you can easily see what's ahead of you. The few seconds that it's on screen is a very real hinderance in the seventh special stage.

[00:34:36] <Senku> I mean you could make it so that a character (and only that character) could last longer underwater, or die instantly, fly forever (dunno if that's still in), or fly very a few short time without effecting everyone, and I know already this would be turned down for crap such as being overpowered and stuff, but it's an idea anyways, I mean you could even make a thing so that you can make walk frames be effected differently and such
[00:34:48] <Senku> Also I want what Blade just said too D:
[00:35:26] <Mystic> Senku, what I'm suggesting is simply having the custom character use a MAINCFG like anything else and describe the frame names directly
[00:35:49] <Senku> I'm gonna guess this completely, but pretty much a DECORATE?
[00:36:00] <Senku> Even though I have no clue what the crap it is
[00:36:18] <Mystic> runframe = C-F
[00:36:21] <Mystic> or something like that
[00:36:28] <Senku> But westill have a limit
[00:36:30] <Senku> *space
[00:36:40] <Senku> once we hit z
[00:36:42] <Mystic> that's solvable by changing it to use 2 characters
[00:36:43] <Senku> Then what?
[00:37:02] <Senku> So we'd have frames like SONAA?
[00:37:06] <Mystic> Exactly
[00:37:09] <Senku> Hmm
[00:37:10] <Mystic> Solves the whole problem
[00:37:27] <Senku> Lets see A-Z a-z a bunch of symbols...
[00:37:28] <Mystic> 36^2 frames seems like more than enough
[00:37:33] <Mystic> screw that
[00:37:35] * Pepe has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 180 seconds)
[00:37:39] <Mystic> just A-Z, 0-9
[00:37:39] <Senku> Times 2...
[00:37:41] <Mystic> That's more than enough
[00:37:48] <Mystic> It's not times two
[00:37:51] <Mystic> It's squared
[00:38:10] <Senku> A-Z + a-z + 0-9
[00:38:17] <Senku> That there would be plenty
[00:38:29] <yoshibot> yay i can only go to 20% of imperishable night on normal
[00:38:31] * yoshibot suck! :D[00:38:35] <Senku> We'd have about....
[00:38:42] <Mystic> Are you seriously suggesting you'll use more than 1296? That's only using capital letters and numbers
[00:38:54] <Senku> You never know XD
[00:39:04] <Mystic> I do know
[00:39:04] <Senku> 1000 frame walking animation
[00:39:15] <Rob> That's not feasible.
[00:39:19] <Mystic> If anyone ever draws that many frames, I think we can take the time to give him a 3rd character.
[00:39:25] <Rob> 1296 is MORE than enough.
[00:39:46] <Senku> Gimme 20 years I'll have a smooth animation that takes 25 seconds to animation through a full cycle *shot*
[00:39:46] <Blade> Extra, optional poses please :<
[00:39:49] <Mystic> The advantage is that we'd no longer have to worry about lower case character in lump names
[00:39:55] <Blade> Like, a 3rd run animation
[00:40:01] <Senku> Walk, Jog, Run
[00:40:18] <Blade> Or a fourth, Peel-out
[00:40:24] <Senku> Sprint >>
[00:40:33] * Furyhunter is away: sleep
[00:40:38] <Blade> Spincharge
[00:40:49] <Blade> Spinrelease
[00:40:53] <Senku> Spin charge has been neglected for ages
[00:41:15] <Senku> Even a dust cloud would be nice
[00:41:23] <Blade> Skid frames, and sounds
[00:41:31] <Senku> Even if made out of particles or something
[00:41:37] <SonicFreak94> <Senku> Even a dust cloud would be nice <- Some sort of spinitem?
[00:41:37] <Blade> Character trailer
[00:41:42] <Senku> Skid frames, push frames
[00:41:47] <SonicFreak94> And didn't ShufflarB2 have spin particles?
[00:41:49] <Blade> For robot jets, and stuff
[00:42:06] <Senku> spinitem and spintrailitem
[00:42:12] <SonicFreak94> YES~
[00:42:14] <Senku> Or maybe revitem

Stupid edit thing saying my message is too short..

-This probably was said already before. Character select screen for multiplayer when you first start playing any multiplayer game mode.

In net games it works for individual players from where they are; that way no one has to wait on a person with either bad connection, something they have to do,or with just bad decision making skills.

-Wall spikes as a thing object. If the horizontal flame jet can be hardcoded like it is I would like to have horizontal spikes as objects as well if possible.

Update GFZ and THZ's aesthetics to be more like the current standard.

DSZ could use some new textures, since the DSZ textures have been overused by numerous custom levels and I'm sure we've gotten tired of them by now. :(

I dunno if this was already said but, make chat icons so you can really know a player is writing, and avoid hurting him/her accidentally (Or not, if players are in the "no chat just play" mood, instead it could be useful for coop)
You could possibly improve that idea and make it where if someone is talking, they would be invincible.

Hi I'm invincible, oh hey I'm invincible again, whee yet again invincible, you still can't hit me I'm talking, more spam text to keep me from being hit, la la al you get my point now.

I dunno if this was already said but, make chat icons so you can really know a player is writing, and avoid hurting him/her accidentally (Or not, if players are in the "no chat just play" mood, instead it could be useful for coop)
In just about every match, people follow the rule of "talking = free points." Other people shouldn't get penalties because you decide to talk.

No one is hit by accident. If you're hit for talking, that's because you were careless.

If a player wants to talk, then go to a safe area or expectate.

Maybe some new weapons like: Flamethrower, Homing ring, and... oh yeah since this is a fan-made game, maybe you could add some Mario weapons also.
A Homing Ring was already in previous versions, a flamethrower would essentially be the Auto Ring, and Mario weapons wouldn't even make sense.

Here are some ideas:
2.When in a net game usualy ctf loads of people are the same color so what if you put the players name above his/her head just like the "got flag" thing.

3.More sound fx such as: machine noises (for TH 1,2 and maybe 3)

4. A bigger viriaty of bosses because all the bosses (exept the last one) seem to be eggman flying around shooting red disks at you mybe we could have some sub bosses.

8. Some enemys should be stronger and do more like crawla commanders should shoot stuff.

9. Bring back dark blue as a color.

10. The monkey bars that are in FB zone that would give characters some new animation too.

11. Tails and SuperSonic should have waterskip.

13. More multiplayer games like maybe a one where each player takes turns to move round the map.Sudden death should be in some games like the water starts to rise (quite slow of corse but not to slow) also the water would kill you if you went in it.

14. More sort of little platforms in levels this would be very good if sudden death is put through because you would have to get up to the little platforms or the water would catch you the stage would have to be quite tall but thin (to avoid lag)

Please try to put some of them into the new version it took a while to think of them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some ideas:
1.Addbot.

2.When in a net game usualy ctf loads of people are the same color so what if you put the players name above his/her head just like the "got flag" thing.

4. A bigger viriaty of bosses because all the bosses (exept the last one) seem to be eggman flying around shooting red disks at you mybe we could have some sub bosses.

5. Loads of cool unlockable stuff like new characters, new stages, new bosses, play as enemys, and a whole new harder single player mode with new enemys new bosses and maybe some new stages and at the end you get to fight Metal! XD

6. A mode of ctf to choose what colors of teams there are so you could have a four way ctf game and for the letter at the side of the netgame it would say f2,f3,f4 etc.

7.Tails and Knux should get superforms in 1p mode because getting the emeralds with them is not very rewarding Tails should have his little birds and Knuckles should be flashing diffrent shades of red not yellow.

8. Some enemys should be stronger and do more like crawla commanders should shoot stuff.

10. The monkey bars that are in FB zone that would give characters some new animation too.

12. If addbot is added to 2.5 then make the player selection have Sonic and Tails as an opition.

13. More multiplayer games like maybe a one where each player takes turns to move round the map.Sudden death should be in some games like the water starts to rise (quite slow of corse but not to slow) also the water would kill you if you went in it.

14. More sort of little platforms in levels this would be very good if sudden death is put through because you would have to get up to the little platforms or the water would catch you (the stage would have to be quit tall but thin to avoid lag)

15. Make hidden levels easyer to find.

Please try to put some of them into the new version it took a while to think of them all (not to mention type ll of them out)

1. Bots aren't even in SRB2 yet.

5. Urmm... I'm sure that it was made clear that Sonic, Tails and Knuckles were to be the only playable characters in normal SRB2. And new stages and bosses were already going to be put in SRB2.

7. I thought it was made clear that Tails' and Knuckles' superforms were for Match only.

13. Uhh... That example multiplayer mode you gave sounds a bit boring... I don't think that was a good move to suggest a mode like that for SRB2, so you may have to move back a space now. =P

15. They wouldn't be hidden levels if they were easy to find!

Here are some ideas:
1.Addbot.

5. Loads of cool unlockable stuff like new characters, new stages, new bosses, play as enemys, and a whole new harder single player mode with new enemys new bosses and maybe some new stages and at the end you get to fight Metal! XD

6. A mode of ctf to choose what colors of teams there are so you could have a four way ctf game and for the letter at the side of the netgame it would say f2,f3,f4 etc.

7.Tails and Knux should get superforms in 1p mode because getting the emeralds with them is not very rewarding Tails should have his little birds and Knuckles should be flashing diffrent shades of red not yellow.

12. If addbot is added to 2.5 then make the player selection have Sonic and Tails as an opition.

14. More sort of little platforms in levels this would be very good if sudden death is put through because you would have to get up to the little platforms or the water would catch you (the stage would have to be quit tall but thin to avoid lag)

15. Make hidden levels easyer to find.

Please try to put some of them into the new version it took a while to think of them all (not to mention type ll of them out)

1. Bots are useless.
2. If the players move around really fast, no one sees the name.
4. First, not all bosses that are planned are already in the game. They will be implemented in the future. Second, ONLY ONE BOSS shoots red disks at you.
5. New characters, new stages, new bosses AND playing as enemies can all be done via WADs and SOCs. There is a reason this game can be modified. And why do you want A WHOLE NEW SINGLE PLAYER ROTATION? The one we have is brilliant enough, really. New bosses and new stages are coming in future version and Metal might actually show up as a boss.
6. You need loads of players for 4-way CTF to work.
7. You don't need to get them as Tails or Knux. Plus, Tails and Knux are already easy enough to play. Sonic needs something to make up for his hard handling. Also, Super Knux is yellow because yellow is easily visible.
8. Jetty-syns, turrets, sharps, robo-hoods, Egg Guards... They all aren't easy to destroy.
11. Tails is already overpowered enough. Also, doesn't Super Sonic HAVE waterskip?
12. Addbot won't be added, AFAIK. Also, why not Knuckles?
15. They ARE pretty easy to find. The secrets menu actually tells you what to do. And NAGZ can be found by pure accident.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back