• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Linedef Executors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're basically like sophisticated buttons. When the player steps in a trigger sector (marked by the appropriate sector type), it looks for a tagged linedef for the trigger. Call the sector that linedef's front belongs to the "command sector." SRB2 then goes around the command sector and "executes" all the linedef commands (100-104 as listed in my effects guide).

The guide is awaiting an update, because linedef executors can do a lot more now than what is listed.

Best thing is to just pop open p_spec.c in the source and go to P_ProcessLineSpecial and look at the options.

*sigh*... When will you people learn that there are those of us out there who can't read c? Oh well, i'll experement a little... Thanks anyway.

I think

case 101: // Set tagged sector's floor height/pic Graue 11-04-2003

is hardly unreadable.

"case 105: // Change music Graue 11-16-2003"

That means it stops the music? Change means stop? Wow, you're right, you can't read C. Or maybe you just can't read period.

The stuff after // up to the end of line is comments, meant for human reading, so you should try to focus on those.

107 moves a ceiling, but I don't know what gave you the idea that it moves an invisible ceiling. 106/107 work like 101/102, except that they're not instantaneous (the length of the linedef with that special # indicates speed) and they don't change the floor/ceiling flat when they finish.

Well, I couldn't open the source, so I tried to experement with different linedef executors. About move invisible celling, I set my celling texture to F_SKY1. That would do it. About stop music, I thought that it would change the music, so I set the linedef leingth to certain leingths like 3 and 42, but that dosen't work either. Hmmmm.

Please don't make fun of me. I can read a little bit of C, I just can't write it. :cry:

EDIT: Sorry, I found the source. Nevermind.

Well, I hadn't actually gotten around to testing Change Music yet, so I guess it's possible that it doesn't work yet. In fact... heh, nope, it doesn't work, and I see exactly why. It'll be fixed for the next demo.

Yeah, can someone show me how to use it? I set the leingth of it to something that represents music, but it still stops the music! help!

a441 said:
Well, I hadn't actually gotten around to testing Change Music yet, so I guess it's possible that it doesn't work yet. In fact... heh, nope, it doesn't work, and I see exactly why. It'll be fixed for the next demo.

If you really want to know, it's because I didn't convert the calculated linedef length into fracunits, so it was 65536 times as great as it should've been. Since there are not 65536 music slots, and linedefs of length 0 are not valid, the music slot was invalid no matter what.

Please don't ask me to clarify this explanation or expand on it in any way, as I will then harbour a resentment towards you for the remainder of time and never again answer questions of such a nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back