Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My stage took approximately a month of off and on work (generally 2-3 days of serious working per week). If you're looking to make a stage in 5 days, you're likely either going to have to sacrifice size or polish to get it done. Personally I suggest making a shorter map with polish, as that's more likely to be fun and do well.

Man, work is asking me to do Saturday. It was bad enough that they've been asking me to work later and later, causing me to stay up exceedingly late to get this map done, but now asking me to come in to work the day it's due? Ugh.

Let's hope I can get this done by Friday, then.

srb20296.png

Soon...
map of the year, all years

So yeah, I'm entering.

srb20076.png

(I had the idea first, Sciz copied me :c)

Does anyone know exactly when the next OLDC will come? I just made a wad and hosted it on SRB2 and two people joined and now have it. I'm afraid they'll upload it as their own.

EDIT: You know what? Just forget it. I'm gonna put it in submissions before anyone has the chance. I just can't let my first match map be stolen.

EDIT2: I submitted it. If it gets approved, I hope you will all like it. The map name is Square Showdown Zone (post will show m_squareshowdown).

EDIT3 (Getting tired of edits. Last edit. :/): Just one question... If you already have a map in the releases section, could you still enter it in the next OLDC?

Last edited:
EDIT2: I submitted it. If it gets approved, I hope you will all like it. The map name is Square Showdown Zone (post will show m_squareshowdown).
You put it in the wrong place. You're not looking for the normal Submissions forum, you're looking for the Contest Submissions subforum at the top of this forum. Please make sure to follow the instructions provided in the stickies at the top of the forum, because you didn't do so for the topic you did post. Those instructions are located in the OLDC rules: http://mb.srb2.org/announcement.php?f=82&a=21

EDIT3 (Getting tired of edits. Last edit. :/): Just one question... If you already have a map in the releases section, could you still enter it in the next OLDC?
No. Previously released content from the Releases section or published on a third party site is not eligible for the OLDC. It's okay to test it privately on IRC or with friends (and we encourage this), but if you've already done a public release, it's not eligible.

You put it in the wrong place. You're not looking for the normal Submissions forum, you're looking for the Contest Submissions subforum at the top of this forum. Please make sure to follow the instructions provided in the stickies at the top of the forum, because you didn't do so for the topic you did post. Those instructions are located in the OLDC rules: http://mb.srb2.org/announcement.php?f=82&a=21

Yeah, I know I'm posting in the normal Submissions forum. I'm just going to forget the OLDC and get it to Releases.

Frozen Hillside Act 2 has been entered. I would have liked to do more with it, but I've been too busy in real life.

Joining in on the late-night submissions, Chemical Facility Act 2 has been sent in. I really wish I could have gotten more done on it, but my time has been eaten up by a thing known as "Firework tents".

Finally found motivation to start and begin my mapping profession again.

14bt4sy.png

Me, nor my levels are not dead. This is only the start of it. As a transition from Sparkling Icecap Act 2, you find yourself in a corridor with a setting of relaxed lava, melting ice, and leftover bits of SIZ. This is my imagination of what I think of the setup when this title comes to mind which is expressed very well.

Suuuuper late, so I may compete in the next contest if my schedule isn't real busy duration between now and then.

Thompson is back!

Maybe me and Zap610 can finish Gravity Garden before the next contest, to give you some nice competition...

Now presenting, Red Wall Zone?
Jokes aside, that looks somewhat interesting. Reminds me of when I once accidentally loaded up Radiant Caverns in 1.09.4 and saw redwall everywhere. :P

Spherallic, I am loving the look of that. It's such a unique level style. It might almost warrant one level like that, in each color. A match pack or so.

These maps look of high quality, but there just arent many maps shown... Well, that aside, this looks like its going to be quite fun playing this contest's maps. the deadline is in 2 days. Good luck everyone, and have a nice evening!

EDIT: Oh and welcome back Thompson, I loved your levels since water leaf zone ! =>

Last edited:
Well, I might not be voting this time cause i'll be away tomorrow. ;-;
Oh, and there is a map I've started working on after studying the wiki for 3 hours. Might get it in the next contest, And I've finished changing the name "KO.T.E" To "CoatRack" On the OLDC Articles in the wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back